what is Back-annotate?

Started by Sophie Liu February 15, 2006

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C63243.23BB4170

Hi, Dears:
    I am using QuartusII now. I am not clear to back-annotate. What is =
back_annotate? and what's the use of back-annotate?=20
Thank you!

Jude
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C63243.23BB4170

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dgb2312">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D=CB=CE=CC=E5 size=3D2>Hi, Dears:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D=CB=CE=CC=E5 size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I am =
using QuartusII now. I am=20
not clear to back-annotate. What is back_annotate? and what's the use of =

back-annotate? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D=CB=CE=CC=E5 size=3D2>Thank you!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D=CB=CE=CC=E5 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D=CB=CE=CC=E5 size=3D2>Jude</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

Sophie Liu wrote:
> > Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain) > Encoding: quoted-printable
Usenet is a pure text medium. Please do not post using html or mime encoding. You will be ignored by many as a security risk. -- "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson More details at: <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> Also see <http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/>
Sophie Liu wrote:
> Hi, Dears:
Oy! I like that!
> I am using QuartusII now. I am not clear to back-annotate. What is > back_annotate? and what's the use of back-annotate? Thank you!
Not the foggiest idea what QuartusII is, perhaps something to do with pint pots. But back- annotation means that changes made in the PCB editor are transferred back to the schematic. So if you've swqapped gates, or changed values, or renamed nets etc. etc. depending on the CAD you may be able to update the schematic to match. Paul Burke PS anyone know how to strip the HTML when replying in Thunderbird?
Paul

> PS anyone know how to strip the HTML when replying in Thunderbird?
Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing->Compose Message in HTML unchecked? Andrew
On 2006-02-15 10:32, Andrew Jackson wrote:

>> PS anyone know how to strip the HTML when replying in Thunderbird? > > Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing->Compose Message in > HTML unchecked?
There's a difference between _composing_ in HTML and _sending_ HTML. You can use HTML editor and send plain text messages. If you don't use any formatting (bold, italic etc.) it will be sent as plain text by default, in other case you'll be asked to choose how to send it (unless you override the default settings to send HTML without asking). HTH, Marcin
Andrew Jackson wrote:

>>PS anyone know how to strip the HTML when replying in Thunderbird?
> Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing->Compose Message in
> HTML unchecked?
Yes it is, so new messages are composed properly in text. But when REPLYING to a message in HTML, the HTML is retained, and there seems to be no way of getting rid of it. Paul Burke

> Yes it is, so new messages are composed properly in text. But when > REPLYING to a message in HTML, the HTML is retained, and there seems to > be no way of getting rid of it.
No, you're sending plain text, but with chineese code page, just switch back to ISO-8859-2 or US-ASCII (it's Options -> Character coding or similar as I don't have an English version) to make it look like usually.
On 2006-02-15 10:52, Paul Burke wrote:

> Yes it is, so new messages are composed properly in text. But when > REPLYING to a message in HTML, the HTML is retained, and there seems to > be no way of getting rid of it.
No, you're sending plain text, but with chineese code page, just switch back to ISO-8859-1 or US-ASCII (it's Options -> Character coding or similar as I don't have an English version) to make it look like usually.
Quartus II is Altera's design software for the FPGAs.

Sophie, when you back annotate a project you are fixing certain design
paramaters such as timing, pin locations, the device used, and possibly
even the specific implementation of portions of the device.  If for
example, you implement the design, letting the fitter pick the pin
placements, i.e. you did not specify any constraints, you can back
annotate the project to fix these locations and hence any future
modifications will not undo these locations.

Quartus II is an FPGA design program from Altera.

Back-annotation means that after synthesizing and generating the layout
of your device, the real time delays are determined and  put back to
the original design. This will let you redo the VHDL/Verilog simulation
using the real timing compared to first simulation which had no delays.

Adrian