How to Analyze a Differential Amplifier
posted by Jason Sachs

Little to no benefit from C based HLS
posted by Christopher Felton

Unit Tests for Embedded Code
posted by Stephen Friederichs

DSPRelated and EmbeddedRelated now on Facebook & I will be at EE Live!
posted by Stephane Boucher

Using a RTLSDR dongle to validate NRF905 configuration
posted by fabien le mentec

Introduction to Microcontrollers

Chapter 1: Beginnings

Chapter 2: Further Beginnings

Chapter 3: Hello World

Chapter 4: More On GPIO

Chapter 5: Interrupts

Chapter 6: More On Interrupts

Chapter 7: Timers

Chapter 8: Adding Some Real-World Hardware

Chapter 9: More Timers and Displays

Chapter 10: Buttons and Bouncing

Chapter 11: Button Matrix & Auto Repeating

Chapter 12: Driving WS2812 RGB LEDs

Find us on Facebook

Discussion Groups | Comp.Arch.Embedded | MPLAB error message

So far in April, you have voted 0 times ou of a total of 0 votes by the community.

MPLAB error message - kansas_ray - 2004-01-08 17:12:00

Hi to all,

I am running MPLAB software to a PIC16F877A microcontroller via a CCS
ICD-S20 pod. After downloading the code I get a pop-up with the following
error message:

"Could not start the target. The target was not halted after reset. Check
the target oscillator and MCLR."

I am using a 20MHz crystal oscillator from EPSON (working fine). The MCLR
circuit is an MCP120-4.5V pulled up to 5V with 4.7K, diode-isolated with a
BAT54 diode, pulled down to GND with 47K, then connected to MCLR and the ISP
connector. PGB, PGC, and PGM are connected only to the ISP connector.

The code actually downloads and runs but I can't breakpoint.

Any inputs are most welcome,
Ray

_____________________________
 Free pdf download: Advanced Linux Programming.

Re: MPLAB error message - Robert C Monsen - 2004-01-15 14:36:00

"kansas_ray" <k...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

[failed PIC]

I've had the oscillator on a PIC12F675 fail after a static hit. It still
downloaded and verified, it just didn't 'go'. I tried an external
oscillator, same thing. When I tried another chip, it worked properly.

Those are cheap chips, so I just tossed it and moved on.

Regards,
 Bob Monsen

_____________________________
 Free pdf download: What Every Programmer Should Know About Memory.

Re: MPLAB error message - kansas_ray - 2004-01-20 18:27:00

"Robert C Monsen" <r...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "kansas_ray" <k...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> [failed PIC]
>
> I've had the oscillator on a PIC12F675 fail after a static hit. It still
> downloaded and verified, it just didn't 'go'. I tried an external
> oscillator, same thing. When I tried another chip, it worked properly.
>
> Those are cheap chips, so I just tossed it and moved on.
>
> Regards,
>  Bob Monsen

I'm sorry for my delayed response.

We have the same problem on four different designs all using the same PIC.
I'm told there may be a software incompatibility between MPLAB and the ICD
but I don't know which versions should work and I'm not on the update
program with CCS.

I guess we'll work around it using a serial stream output to communicate
status. A friend of mine tells me he hasn't used a breakpoint with the CCS
in years.

Regards,
Ray

 Free pdf download: Introduction to Embedded Systems.