Reverse engineering wireless wall outlets
posted by Fabien Le Mentec

Short Circuit Execution vs. Unit Testing

10 Items of Test Equipment You Should Know
posted by Jason Sachs

Specifying the Maximum Amplifier Noise When Driving an ADC
posted by Rick Lyons

How to make a heap profiler
posted by Yossi Kreinin

Find us on Facebook

Discussion Groups | Comp.Arch.Embedded | what is Back-annotate?

So far in July, you have voted 0 times ou of a total of 0 votes by the community.

what is Back-annotate? - Sophie Liu - 2006-02-15 02:18:00

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C63243.23BB4170

Hi, Dears:
    I am using QuartusII now. I am not clear to back-annotate. What is back_annotate? and what's the use of back-annotate?
Thank you!

Jude
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C63243.23BB4170

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=gb2312">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=ËÎÌå size=2>Hi, Dears:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=ËÎÌå size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I am using QuartusII now. I am
not clear to back-annotate. What is back_annotate? and what's the use of
back-annotate? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=ËÎÌå size=2>Thank you!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=ËÎÌå size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=ËÎÌå size=2>Jude</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C63243.23BB4170--

Re: what is Back-annotate? - CBFalconer - 2006-02-15 02:50:00

Sophie Liu wrote:

>    Part 1.1    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>            Encoding: quoted-printable

Usenet is a pure text medium.  Please do not post using html or
mime encoding.  You will be ignored by many as a security risk.

Re: what is Back-annotate? - Paul Burke - 2006-02-15 04:07:00

Sophie Liu wrote:
> Hi, Dears:

Oy! I like that!

> I am using QuartusII now. I am not clear to back-annotate. What is
> back_annotate? and what's the use of back-annotate? Thank you!

Not the foggiest idea what QuartusII is, perhaps something to do with
pint pots. But back- annotation means that changes made in the PCB
editor are transferred back to the schematic. So if you've swqapped
gates, or changed values, or renamed nets etc. etc. depending on the CAD
you may be able to update the schematic to match.

Paul Burke

PS anyone know how to strip the HTML when replying in Thunderbird?

Re: what is Back-annotate? - Andrew Jackson - 2006-02-15 04:32:00

Paul

> PS anyone know how to strip the HTML when replying in Thunderbird?

Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing->Compose Message in
HTML unchecked?

	Andrew

Re: what is Back-annotate? - |\/|arci|\| - 2006-02-15 04:51:00

On 2006-02-15 10:32, Andrew Jackson wrote:

>> PS anyone know how to strip the HTML when replying in Thunderbird?
>
> Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing->Compose Message in
> HTML unchecked?

There's a difference between _composing_ in HTML and _sending_ HTML. You
can use HTML editor and send plain text messages. If you don't use any
formatting (bold, italic etc.) it will be sent as plain text by default,
in other case you'll be asked to choose how to send it (unless you
override the default settings to send HTML without asking).

HTH,
Marcin

Re: what is Back-annotate? - Paul Burke - 2006-02-15 04:52:00

Andrew Jackson wrote:

>>PS anyone know how to strip the HTML when replying in Thunderbird?
 > Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing->Compose Message in
> HTML unchecked?

Yes it is, so new messages are composed properly in text.  But when
REPLYING to a message in HTML, the HTML is retained, and there seems to
be no way of getting rid of it.

Paul Burke

Re: what is Back-annotate? - |\/|arci|\| - 2006-02-15 05:05:00

On 2006-02-15 10:52, Paul Burke wrote:

> Yes it is, so new messages are composed properly in text.  But when
> REPLYING to a message in HTML, the HTML is retained, and there seems to
> be no way of getting rid of it.

No, you're sending plain text, but with chineese code page, just switch
back to ISO-8859-2 or US-ASCII (it's Options -> Character coding or
similar as I don't have an English version) to make it look like usually.

Re: what is Back-annotate? - |\/|arci|\| - 2006-02-15 05:06:00

On 2006-02-15 10:52, Paul Burke wrote:

> Yes it is, so new messages are composed properly in text.  But when
> REPLYING to a message in HTML, the HTML is retained, and there seems to
> be no way of getting rid of it.

No, you're sending plain text, but with chineese code page, just switch
back to ISO-8859-1 or US-ASCII (it's Options -> Character coding or
similar as I don't have an English version) to make it look like usually.

Re: what is Back-annotate? - Noway2 - 2006-02-15 09:01:00

Quartus II is Altera's design software for the FPGAs.

Sophie, when you back annotate a project you are fixing certain design
paramaters such as timing, pin locations, the device used, and possibly
even the specific implementation of portions of the device.  If for
example, you implement the design, letting the fitter pick the pin
placements, i.e. you did not specify any constraints, you can back
annotate the project to fix these locations and hence any future
modifications will not undo these locations.

Re: what is Back-annotate? - Adrian - 2006-02-16 09:23:00

Quartus II is an FPGA design program from Altera.

Back-annotation means that after synthesizing and generating the layout
of your device, the real time delays are determined and  put back to
the original design. This will let you redo the VHDL/Verilog simulation
using the real timing compared to first simulation which had no delays.

Adrian