April is Oscilloscope Month: In Which We Discover Agilent Offers Us a Happy Deal and a Sad Name
posted by Jason Sachs

Little to no benefit from C based HLS
posted by Christopher Felton

Unit Tests for Embedded Code
posted by Stephen Friederichs

DSPRelated and EmbeddedRelated now on Facebook & I will be at EE Live!
posted by Stephane Boucher

Using a RTLSDR dongle to validate NRF905 configuration
posted by fabien le mentec

Introduction to Microcontrollers

Chapter 1: Beginnings

Chapter 2: Further Beginnings

Chapter 3: Hello World

Chapter 4: More On GPIO

Chapter 5: Interrupts

Chapter 6: More On Interrupts

Chapter 7: Timers

Chapter 8: Adding Some Real-World Hardware

Chapter 9: More Timers and Displays

Chapter 10: Buttons and Bouncing

Chapter 11: Button Matrix & Auto Repeating

Chapter 12: Driving WS2812 RGB LEDs

Find us on Facebook

Discussion Groups | Comp.Arch.Embedded | Rising/Falling edge Interrupts and non-maskable interrupt

So far in April, you have voted 0 times ou of a total of 0 votes by the community.

Rising/Falling edge Interrupts and non-maskable interrupt - galapogos - 2006-12-17 22:05:00

Hi,
I'm working with an MCU that has 4 interrupts on external PINs, and I
wish to interrupt on an active low input. However, 3 of the interrupts
are active high interrupt while the last one, though it's an active low
interrupt, is also labelled a non-maskable interrupt. I want to be able
to mask the interrupt since I don't want it enabled all the time. Other
than using an inverter, is there a way I can convert an active high to
an active low interrupt?

Thanks.

_____________________________
 Free pdf download: Introduction to Embedded Systems.

Re: Rising/Falling edge Interrupts and non-maskable interrupt - galapogos - 2006-12-18 01:07:00

galapogos wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working with an MCU that has 4 interrupts on external PINs, and I
> wish to interrupt on an active low input. However, 3 of the interrupts
> are active high interrupt while the last one, though it's an active low
> interrupt, is also labelled a non-maskable interrupt. I want to be able
> to mask the interrupt since I don't want it enabled all the time. Other
> than using an inverter, is there a way I can convert an active high to
> an active low interrupt?
>
> Thanks.

Nevermind, I found an obscure SFR that controls whether the interrupt
is level/edge sensitive, and rising/falling edge. It works now :)

 Free pdf download: Introduction to Embedded Systems.