Dynamic upgrading/Hot-swapping a service

Started by Don Y in comp.arch.embedded5 months ago 15 replies

My application runs 24/7/365. There's no "reset" switch. So, components (hardware AND software) that are upgraded are done so while the system...

My application runs 24/7/365. There's no "reset" switch. So, components (hardware AND software) that are upgraded are done so while the system is live. [I suspect there are six nines services on-line that behave similarly. But, if inspected "in the small", I wonder how clean the switchovers are? And, how durable the connections?] I can instantiate a new instance of a server and repla...

Need help in mplementing IoT protocols

Started by Anonymous in comp.arch.embedded5 months ago 1 reply

Hi.. I have a phynode sensor tag with cc2650 , one more phywave cc2650 radio module that supports zigbee, 6lowpan, ble, etc.. and a PHYGATE...

Hi.. I have a phynode sensor tag with cc2650 , one more phywave cc2650 radio module that supports zigbee, 6lowpan, ble, etc.. and a PHYGATE ,ARM335x gateway. I want to implement a IoT system for reading the sensor data and sending it to the cloud with the following requirements: Read the Sensor Data using : 1. BLE 2. 6LOWPAN 3. Zigbee 4. Lora Send the same info to the ...

TLCS-870/C1 and TLCS-870 instruction sets

Started by Philipp Klaus Krause in comp.arch.embedded5 months ago

I'd like to know about the TLCS-870 and TLCS-870/C1 instruction sets and opcodes. However, I only find incomplete information. For the...

I'd like to know about the TLCS-870 and TLCS-870/C1 instruction sets and opcodes. However, I only find incomplete information. For the TLCS-870, there is something at www.datasheetarchive.com, but it is only 20 pages and looks like there should be more (details are only available on data transfer and exchange instructions; arithemtic, jump, etc are missing). For the TLCS-870/C1, there...

exposing resource usage

Started by Don Y in comp.arch.embedded5 months ago 16 replies

Is there any potential downside to intentionally exposing (to a task/process/job/etc.) its current resource commitments? I.e., "You are...

Is there any potential downside to intentionally exposing (to a task/process/job/etc.) its current resource commitments? I.e., "You are currently holding X memory, Y CPU, Z ..." *If* the job is constrained to a particular set of quotas, then knowing *what* it is using SHOULDN'T give it any "exploitable" information, should it? [Open system; possibility for hostile actors]

Cloud? IoT? How to start

Started by pozz in comp.arch.embedded6 months ago 38 replies

I'd like to start learning the modern paradigm of IoT and Cloud. My first impression is that they are "empty words" without a precise...

I'd like to start learning the modern paradigm of IoT and Cloud. My first impression is that they are "empty words" without a precise meaning: you can fill the "word" as you want. I want to start from a real simple application. I have some Internet-connected embedded boards that I want to control by remote with my smartphone connected to Internet. At first I wanted to connect the sma...

Buildroot configuration for Ethernet and WiFi support on Orange Pi Zero

Started by Anonymous in comp.arch.embedded6 months ago

Hi, After some work on searching for different sources related to Ethernet and Wifi support in Orange Pi Zero, I have managed to create a...

Hi, After some work on searching for different sources related to Ethernet and Wifi support in Orange Pi Zero, I have managed to create a Buildroot configuration that may be a good starting point to create the optimized Linux image for that SBC. I hope it may be useful for all who want to use this cheap but good SBC in their embedded designs. You can find my configuration at https://groups.go...

[OT] Embedded Linux hosts sharing Ethernet broadcast domains with two IP subnets

Started by Anonymous in comp.arch.embedded6 months ago 4 replies

I think this is little OT here, because the question is mostly network oriented. However my nodes will be Linux embedded boxes and some solutions...

I think this is little OT here, because the question is mostly network oriented. However my nodes will be Linux embedded boxes and some solutions could be very low-level, so I think many of you could help me in some way. I have N Ethernet hosts based on embedded Linux. Each one features an Ethernet interface dedicated to the final user that could change the IP address configuration.

Dimension of a matrix

Started by Tim Wescott in comp.arch.embedded6 months ago 63 replies

I just put the following into yet another c/c++ file: #define DIM(x) (sizeof(x) / sizeof(*x)) It calculates the number of elements in the...

I just put the following into yet another c/c++ file: #define DIM(x) (sizeof(x) / sizeof(*x)) It calculates the number of elements in the array x (assuming that x is, indeed an array). Is there anything in the standard libraries that does this easy and obvious thing? -- Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services http://www.wescottdesign.com I'm looking for work -- see my website!...

L298 PWM Problem

Started by engineergc in comp.arch.embedded6 months ago 14 replies

Dear all; I try to move 2 motor with L298N motor driver card and MSP430G2553. I tried some basic codes, but right motor does not work. When I...

Dear all; I try to move 2 motor with L298N motor driver card and MSP430G2553. I tried some basic codes, but right motor does not work. When I give energy to right motor can move. So, problem is not in motor. But, when I tried to move both motors only one motor can move (the motor that is driven by IN1 and IN2. I added code to below. I can not find my error. Could you help me please? #includ...

Codewright Failure

Started by rickman in comp.arch.embedded6 months ago 16 replies

Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm...

Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm not ready to switch. Meanwhile, something happend while I was running in safe mode and now Codewright is messed up when running in standard windows mode. I can open files, but I can't select anything in them or do any edits. I can't even position...

Ask a Question to the EmbeddedRelated community

To significantly increase your chances of receiving answers, please make sure to:

  1. Use a meaningful title
  2. Express your question clearly and well
  3. Do not use this forum to promote your product, service or business
  4. Write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language
  5. Do not post content that violates a copyright