Atmega Internal clock source accuracy

Started by eeh in comp.arch.embedded14 years ago 6 replies

Hi, I find that Atmega internal 1MHz RC clock source is inaccurate. It is about 95% of 1MHz. I used 3V. I have tried to check the...

Hi, I find that Atmega internal 1MHz RC clock source is inaccurate. It is about 95% of 1MHz. I used 3V. I have tried to check the oscillator calibration byte by AVRStudio and then load the value into OSCCAL in the beginning of the program. However, the problem is still present. Could anyone tell me how to calibrate under this condition?

OS for 8 bits processor

Started by Ulf Reiman in comp.arch.embedded14 years ago 41 replies

Hi! I am looking for a free Operation system that can be used for 8-bits CPU, AVR; I am using a card with Atmega 128 and CC2420. I...

Hi! I am looking for a free Operation system that can be used for 8-bits CPU, AVR; I am using a card with Atmega 128 and CC2420. I will implement the IEEE 802.4.15 protocol stack but a need an OS that can take care of the stack. I have look on the Contiki by Adam Dunkel but is fully integrated with his TCP/IP stack so a need something else. Does anyone have some suggestions? Regards Ulf ...

Newbie Recommendation

Started by Fao, Sean in comp.arch.embedded14 years ago 10 replies

Hello, What would you all recommend for a beginner looking to get into embedded systems programming for somebody with Ix86 Assembly and C...

Hello, What would you all recommend for a beginner looking to get into embedded systems programming for somebody with Ix86 Assembly and C experience, but relatively no experience in electronics? The two most popular I've heard of are the Atmel (Atmega RISC based processors) as well as the various PIC line of microcontrollers. I'm looking for something capable of dealing with analog ...

Re: Fried AVR I/O ports mystery

Started by Olaf in comp.arch.embedded14 years ago 3 replies

"Olaf" wrote in message news:... > Hi, > > We are designing a pyro-circuit for a rocket which is controlled from a > ATMega32...

"Olaf" wrote in message news:... > Hi, > > We are designing a pyro-circuit for a rocket which is controlled from a > ATMega32 processor but we seem to have fried the I/O ports of the ATMega > *twice* due to some design fault. The problem is, we're not sure where the > problem lies so I'm posting this here in the hope someone can at least point > us in the right direction.

ADS1256 analog to digital converter

Started by Anonymous in comp.arch.embedded14 years ago 1 reply

I'm having a real heck of a time with this chip, the TI ADS1256 A to D converter. Has anyone else here programmed this device before with a uC ....

I'm having a real heck of a time with this chip, the TI ADS1256 A to D converter. Has anyone else here programmed this device before with a uC . I am using an atmel atmega 162 . All of my outputs look alive and well, and the ADC sends back semi random data when I attempt to just read a configuration register. If anyone here has example code (pseudo code, assembler, c, any processor) I would b...

ADS1256 analog to digital converter

Started by Anonymous in comp.arch.embedded14 years ago 4 replies

I'm having a real heck of a time with this chip, the TI ADS1256 A to D converter. Has anyone else here programmed this device before with a uC ....

I'm having a real heck of a time with this chip, the TI ADS1256 A to D converter. Has anyone else here programmed this device before with a uC . I am using an atmel atmega 162 . All of my outputs look alive and well, and the ADC sends back semi random data when I attempt to just read a configuration register. If anyone here has example code (pseudo code, assembler, c, any processor) I would b...

uCos-II

Started by rf_xport in comp.arch.embedded14 years ago 1 reply

Hi every body, I have designed a radio tranciever and I want to web-capable it. I have used uCOS II on my micro(ATmega 128). Has anybodey...

Hi every body, I have designed a radio tranciever and I want to web-capable it. I have used uCOS II on my micro(ATmega 128). Has anybodey ported TCP/IP stack on ucos-II ? where I can download this stack? -Thanks.

ATmega 128 + driver ENC28j60

Started by rf_xport in comp.arch.embedded12 years ago 7 replies

Hi, I have a ATMega128 and I want to connect it to internet. I want to use ENC28j60 as ethernet controller( MAC&PHY ethernet) because it...

Hi, I have a ATMega128 and I want to connect it to internet. I want to use ENC28j60 as ethernet controller( MAC&PHY ethernet) because it has SPI. I have bought a evaluation board (AT90EIT1) from Atmel and it is really a webserver and is contained ATMega103 and CS8900(an Ethernet controller)... Modular TCP/IP source code for AVR family is on CD of this evaluation board . But its ether...

gif to binary data

Started by tanu in comp.arch.embedded13 years ago 5 replies

hi all i m using a 240*128 pix lcd with t6963c controller wanna see the graphics in it lcd is interfaced with atmega 128 microcontroller for...

hi all i m using a 240*128 pix lcd with t6963c controller wanna see the graphics in it lcd is interfaced with atmega 128 microcontroller for graphics i thougt of converting the gif file to binary data so did this i had 1st save the gif file in to the txt so to get ascii data before i aslo tried direct gif to binary i m getting binary data rite acording to the txt file but when i m seei...

usbprog - USB programmer for Atmel AVR controllers (avrdude)

Started by Benedikt Sauter in comp.arch.embedded13 years ago

usbprog - USB programmer for Atmel AVR controllers (with avrdude support and online update service) http://www.ixbat.de/usbporg usbprog...

usbprog - USB programmer for Atmel AVR controllers (with avrdude support and online update service) http://www.ixbat.de/usbporg usbprog is a simple and small USB programming adapter that supports nearly all Atmel micro controllers (ATiny,ATMega,AT89,...). You can easy update the usbprog firmware with the same USB connection, which you need to programm other controllers, and a intern...

CRC calculation

Started by janka vietzen in comp.arch.embedded13 years ago 11 replies

for the moment I struggle with the modbus protocol checksum what seems to use a quite odd 16 bit CRC polynom 0xA001. I have no idea if my...

for the moment I struggle with the modbus protocol checksum what seems to use a quite odd 16 bit CRC polynom 0xA001. I have no idea if my ATmega assembly code works correct becouse its responsible for both directions generation and test same time and for the moment I do not have further modbus certificated devices. Is there any CRC calculator known what allows to comapare reference values? ...

Embedded Filesystems Library problem...

Started by Pawel K in comp.arch.embedded13 years ago 1 reply

Hello, I use EFSL v0.2.8 stable from http://efsl.be with ATMEGA 128. I can mount FS, open & write/read file but i have 1 problem. First close...

Hello, I use EFSL v0.2.8 stable from http://efsl.be with ATMEGA 128. I can mount FS, open & write/read file but i have 1 problem. First close file, unmount fs, remove MMC from socket. I put mmc in socket, initialise file system again and my program freeze, what wrong? -- -- Pozrdawiam Pawel K from 3miasto groups(at)kpw.qs.pl GG: 1263183 ---------------- end ----------------

[RS485] can't perform handshake.

Started by SarAVR in comp.arch.embedded13 years ago 4 replies

Hello all. I am just a novice who wants to use ATmega8535 as a means to control RS485 communication devices. Communication type to implement...

Hello all. I am just a novice who wants to use ATmega8535 as a means to control RS485 communication devices. Communication type to implement is full duplex and I used two MAX485 transceiver ICs per one board, one for transmitting and the other for receiving. As I burned ATmega microcontroller of main board with my code by ISP programmer, RS485 communication seemed work well without any er...

AVR Studio 4 debugging issues

Started by Anonymous in comp.arch.embedded13 years ago 1 reply

Hi, I am a beginner at using the atmega chip. I am using codevision to compile, AVR bootloader V2.1 to execute my program, but...

Hi, I am a beginner at using the atmega chip. I am using codevision to compile, AVR bootloader V2.1 to execute my program, but for troubleshooting, my AVR Studio 4 is not working correctly. When I open my project to debug, it does not list my source files. I want to be able to step through my program and check where it breaks. I seem to only be able to see the disassembler. I can open my...

FPGA & Softcore Vs FPGA & MCU

Started by ratemonotonic in comp.arch.embedded12 years ago 15 replies

Hi all, I have designed (on paper ) a radio system with the following components - 1) ATmega1280 - Responsible for talking to 3 uarts , the...

Hi all, I have designed (on paper ) a radio system with the following components - 1) ATmega1280 - Responsible for talking to 3 uarts , the FPGA and Ethernet controller. 2) A Xilinx FPGA interfaced with the Atmega - responsible for digital modulation , demodulation of radio signals. It also interfaces with the Ethernet controller for high bit rate. the decision behind the ATmega was ...

Fried my atmega

Started by abicash in comp.arch.embedded12 years ago 4 replies

I think i have fried my chip with wrong fuse bits.I exactly reversed the bits in codevision..But now i know..The next chip is...

I think i have fried my chip with wrong fuse bits.I exactly reversed the bits in codevision..But now i know..The next chip is nicely programming..What can i do to erase the earlier chip?I cant even access it now.

MSP430 and Atmel AVR in one JTAG chain?

Started by Grant Edwards in comp.arch.embedded12 years ago 13 replies

Does anybody know if either the MSP430 or Atmel ATmega AVR parts (or associated JTAG interface widgets/SW) have problems when there are other...

Does anybody know if either the MSP430 or Atmel ATmega AVR parts (or associated JTAG interface widgets/SW) have problems when there are other devices in the JTAG chain? In the past, I've run into buggy JTAG stuff that couldn't tolerate having multiple devices in the JTAG chain. I'm working on a design with both an AVR and an MSP430, and I'd like to have a single JTAG header/chain. Before...

USBD12 Goodlink connection

Started by Vivek B in comp.arch.embedded12 years ago 3 replies

I am trying to establish a connection between my Atmel Atmega 16 and USBD12 . PORTC is connected to the USBD12's data bits and the following...

I am trying to establish a connection between my Atmel Atmega 16 and USBD12 . PORTC is connected to the USBD12's data bits and the following pins of the PORTD is connected to RD_N, WR_N and AO. RD_N PD4 WR_N PD5 A0 PD7 I am not getting a goodlink connection just by initializing USBD12. I mean the led is not getting lighted up. The hardware part is perfect as someon...

Procyon Library for Atmel AVR MCU - IC problems

Started by in comp.arch.embedded7 years ago 3 replies

Hello! I am new to programming and am struck with the Manual for the Procyon Library for Atmel's ATMega MCUs. It basically provides functions...

Hello! I am new to programming and am struck with the Manual for the Procyon Library for Atmel's ATMega MCUs. It basically provides functions for all the interfaces and functions available on the Atmel MCUs. Problem is as follows: I have a Thermopile array sensor - TPA81 ( http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/tpa81tech.htm ) - which should be connected to a Mega32 MCU ( http://www.a...

using mmc for voice recording

Started by chimpi in comp.arch.embedded11 years ago 1 reply

hey folks, i have been working on the construction of a voice recorder using memory of MMC and ATmega 16 as the controller associated...i am...

hey folks, i have been working on the construction of a voice recorder using memory of MMC and ATmega 16 as the controller associated...i am using the MMC in SPI mode... since the sampling rate of the data is quite high... so i dont use any buffer memory before storing data to MMC, i keep the mmc initialized to a page and keep on sending the samples to the card... and when a page is full ...a n...