Embedded Software Engineer
Loft Orbital's mission is to make space simple for organizations that need to collect information about the Earth. We operate rideshare satellites where multiple customer sensors are flown on a single spacecraft platform.
As a member of our Payload Interface and Control Unit (PICU) team, you will be helping build Loft Orbital's standard interface that enables us to host and operate a wide range of payload types.
The PICU is a flight hardware unit with a high reliability and continuous operation profile. It provides hardware, firmware and software based functionality that involves the physical and protocol level interfacing with different payloads/instruments on one side and the satellite platform on the other.
Since high flexibility and versatility play an important role, the PICU is quite software-centric and supports on-ground and in-space re-programmability. Loft Orbital will be utilizing the latest technology available for the PICU, which includes a mix of existing and next-generation component and processor technology.
- Must be scrappy and inventive: what you will be building has never been done before
- Be prepared to be challenged and sometimes work out of your comfort zone
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects
- Preferably experience with software/firmware developed for safety-critical applications or software developed for aerospace
- Awareness and understanding of mission-critical systems and related software impact
- Current on software www.loftorbital.com processes, technology and tooling
- A preference for agile yet process-controlled software www.loftorbital.com
- Ability to code and document (wherever possible electronically and in-line) in a structured way
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to learn and adopt to new technologies
- Demonstrable history of thinking outside-the-box, without losing sight of reality
- Experience working in both a Windows and Linux environment
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in C and C++ and preferably one other structured language (non-scripted)
- Experience with RTOS and time-critical software www.loftorbital.com
- Experience with SEU mitigation mechanisms
- Experience with local and remote debugging concepts and tools
- Preferably experience with hypervisor and/or container virtualization techniques
- Experience in developing software for RTOS and embedded applications
- Experience with hardware interfacing
- Preferably experience in device driver and BSP www.loftorbital.com
- In-depth knowledge of different processor technologies such as: ARM, PPC, LEON, OpenRISC, SoC processors
- Affection with upcoming processor technologies such as GPGPU / MPPs
- Preferably knowledge and understanding of MPP/GPU processors and related www.loftorbital.com (CUDA / OpenCL)
The role includes competitive compensation package, stock options, and full benefits (healthcare, vision, dental).
To apply, please reach out to us at email@example.com