Reply by Not Really Me October 15, 20082008-10-15
ian.okey@gmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 11, 4:48 pm, "RumpelStiltSkin" <fables...@abc.gov> wrote: >> What is your opinion of Freescale's Codeware IDE? > > How does HATE sound.to you. > > It came as part of the ARM developers toolkit that I had to suffer. > Fortunately It was quite easy to use another editor in its place and > simply ues it as the world's most expensive make utility.
Sounds about right to me. I also used it with the ARM ADS. It does give the ability to double-click an error message to edit the source file. Compiler and path settings always seem incomplete and/or poorly structured. The compiler settings for a PPC project were much worse. Very limited GUI ability which made it impossible to set some command line options. Scott VSC
Reply by October 14, 20082008-10-14
On Oct 11, 4:48=A0pm, "RumpelStiltSkin" <fables...@abc.gov> wrote:
> What is your opinion of Freescale's Codeware IDE?
How does HATE sound.to you. It came as part of the ARM developers toolkit that I had to suffer. Fortunately It was quite easy to use another editor in its place and simply ues it as the world's most expensive make utility.
Reply by Mr. C October 14, 20082008-10-14
On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 08:48:21 -0700, "RumpelStiltSkin"
<fablesRus@abc.gov> wrote:

>What is your opinion of Freescale's Codeware IDE?
I don't like it very much, especially the debugger. I am spoiled by using Rowley's Cross Studio for the MSP430. (For the record, I do NOT recommend using the MSP430 processor except in certain applications.) I do not use the editor portion of the IDE since I already have one I like. Fortunately, CW lets me edit outside of the environment fairly well, but has to be reminded to check for edited files before it re-compiles. It compiles OK, but sometimes it seems the code it generates is less efficient than it could be.
Reply by RumpelStiltSkin October 12, 20082008-10-12
"Habib Bouaziz-Viallet" <habib@rigel.systems> wrote in message
> Le Sat, 11 Oct 2008 08:48:21 -0700, RumpelStiltSkin a &eacute;crit: > >> What is your opinion of Freescale's Codeware IDE? > > A piece of nonsense. I really suffer with the wonderfull > CodeWar/Windoze couple these past weeks. > > It really unfortunate that gcc has not been ported to Freescale 56000/E > processors
I played with it a while back. Their "java beans" defined a constant that was renamed with a #define three times in three header files before finally being declared as a constant. None of the intermediate names were referenced anywhere. What junk. ex: #define name1 name2 #define name2 name3 #define name3 0x1234
Reply by Habib Bouaziz-Viallet October 11, 20082008-10-11
Le Sat, 11 Oct 2008 08:48:21 -0700, RumpelStiltSkin a &eacute;crit:

> What is your opinion of Freescale's Codeware IDE?
A&nbsp;piece of nonsense. I really suffer with the wonderfull CodeWar/Windoze couple these past weeks. It really unfortunate that gcc has not been ported to Freescale 56000/E processors -- HBV
Reply by RumpelStiltSkin October 11, 20082008-10-11
What is your opinion of Freescale's Codeware IDE?