Reply by Ulf Samuelsson November 19, 20082008-11-19

"theAdib" <theAdib@googlemail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hello, I have some questions regarding AVR development using AVRStudio > where I couldn't get answers from google and friends. > > - how to integrate my own tools into the tools menu
You can do simple things only.
> I want to execute things as doxygen, astyle (or indent) > I need to set some parameter as: working directory to start within > or the current filename from the editor as commandline parameter > some "programmer editors" can do that even most IDE (codeBlocks, > Keil)
I do not think that this is possible.
> > - how can I forward the serial communication of the simulated AVR to a > real COM port of the host PC
You can't, but this at least is on the todo list. I asked for this several years ago.
> Using Keil it is possible to forward serial output (and input) to a > output window or assign a real COM port to a serial port of the > simulated device. > > Many thanks for any hints,
Send a mail with your suggestions to avr at atmel dot com.
> > Adib. > ---
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by theAdib November 19, 20082008-11-19
Hello, I have some questions regarding AVR development using AVRStudio
where I couldn't get answers from google and friends.

- how to integrate my own tools into the tools menu
  I want to execute things as doxygen, astyle (or indent)
  I need to set some parameter as: working directory to start within
or the current filename from the editor as commandline parameter
  some "programmer editors" can do that even most IDE (codeBlocks,
Keil)

- how can I forward the serial communication of the simulated AVR to a
real COM port of the host PC
  Using Keil it is possible to forward serial output (and input) to a
output window or assign a real COM port to a serial port of the
simulated device.

Many thanks for any hints,

Adib.
---