Reply by H. Peter Anvin November 30, 20082008-11-30
Karl wrote:
> I mentioned FPGA because the rest of my architecture has to be > implemented on FPGA. i gather from my message i need to use an > exisiting asic chip. could you please suggest one which allows me to > set the prerecorded message and the callee phone number. cheers
I suggest you Google for "GSM module". -hpa
Reply by Karl November 30, 20082008-11-30
On 30 Nov, 15:36, "tim....." <tims_new_h...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> "Karl" <karl.polyt...@googlemail.com> wrote in message > > news:f8493c3f-0629-472a-8ff4-1e7551887a7b@f20g2000yqg.googlegroups.com... > > > Hi, > > Is it possible to build a unit on fpga where alerting pre-recorded > > messages: sms, voice messages can be sent =A0using possibly the ambiant > > wireless network? if yes, how? i am not looking for the hardware > > architecture, i can work this on my own. i am rather looking for the > > means to achieve this: what kind of theory =A0in the context of > > communication and broadcating in general i should read about to > > achieve this goal and how to be able to use the ambiant wireless > > ( landline?) network to send these messages. any papers/books titles > > will be greatly appreciated > > Do you mean "will someone supply me with the design for a GSM modem in a > form that I can load into an FPGA". > > Noting that if they did, this item would allow the purchasor to reverse > engineer the design into an ASIC, I very much doubt it. > > tim
I mentioned FPGA because the rest of my architecture has to be implemented on FPGA. i gather from my message i need to use an exisiting asic chip. could you please suggest one which allows me to set the prerecorded message and the callee phone number. cheers
Reply by Karl November 30, 20082008-11-30
On 30 Nov, 15:36, "tim....." <tims_new_h...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> "Karl" <karl.polyt...@googlemail.com> wrote in message > > news:f8493c3f-0629-472a-8ff4-1e7551887a7b@f20g2000yqg.googlegroups.com... > > > Hi, > > Is it possible to build a unit on fpga where alerting pre-recorded > > messages: sms, voice messages can be sent =A0using possibly the ambiant > > wireless network? if yes, how? i am not looking for the hardware > > architecture, i can work this on my own. i am rather looking for the > > means to achieve this: what kind of theory =A0in the context of > > communication and broadcating in general i should read about to > > achieve this goal and how to be able to use the ambiant wireless > > ( landline?) network to send these messages. any papers/books titles > > will be greatly appreciated > > Do you mean "will someone supply me with the design for a GSM modem in a > form that I can load into an FPGA". > > Noting that if they did, this item would allow the purchasor to reverse > engineer the design into an ASIC, I very much doubt it. > > tim
I mentioned FPGA because the rest of my architectures will have to be implemented on FPGA. From what i understand, i have to associate an asic to my fpga. could you please suggest any available chip
Reply by tim..... November 30, 20082008-11-30
"Karl" <karl.polytech@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > Is it possible to build a unit on fpga where alerting pre-recorded > messages: sms, voice messages can be sent using possibly the ambiant > wireless network? if yes, how? i am not looking for the hardware > architecture, i can work this on my own. i am rather looking for the > means to achieve this: what kind of theory in the context of > communication and broadcating in general i should read about to > achieve this goal and how to be able to use the ambiant wireless > ( landline?) network to send these messages. any papers/books titles > will be greatly appreciated
Do you mean "will someone supply me with the design for a GSM modem in a form that I can load into an FPGA". Noting that if they did, this item would allow the purchasor to reverse engineer the design into an ASIC, I very much doubt it. tim
Reply by Leon November 30, 20082008-11-30
On 30 Nov, 15:05, Karl <karl.polyt...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi, > Is it possible to build a unit on fpga where alerting pre-recorded > messages: sms, voice messages can be sent =A0using possibly the ambiant > wireless network? if yes, how? i am not looking for the hardware > architecture, i can work this on my own. i am rather looking for the > means to achieve this: what kind of theory =A0in the context of > communication and broadcating in general i should read about to > achieve this goal and how to be able to use the ambiant wireless > ( landline?) network to send these messages. any papers/books titles > will be greatly appreciated > > Cheers
Why do you need an FPGA for this? Leon