Reply by Anton Erasmus July 28, 20042004-07-28
On 27 Jul 2004 21:43:58 GMT, "Mark A. Odell" <odellmark@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Anton Erasmus <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in >news:d9edg01egtq0smq7ii4jeutcktnlklubvn@4ax.com: > >> Hi, >> >> Can anyone recommend a nice Serial Communications Controller, in a >> QFP or similar package that can do HDLC at rates at least up to >> 1Mb/s. It also needs to be able to run from a 3.3V supply, and >> preferably have 5V tolerant inputs on the serial side. > >Can't say I've used it but it's HDLC and 3.3V if I read it correctly. > >http://www.infineon.com/cgi/ecrm.dll/ecrm/scripts/prod_ov.jsp?oid=13606 > >--
Thanks, I have forgotten about infineon. I have used their older devices when they were still Siemens. It had one very painful "feature" - If one masked specific interrupt sources, it stopped updating thos particular status bits. One had to handle either everything in interrupts, or everything in polled mode. We ran into this problem when we wanted to use polled transmit, with interrupt driven receive. Hopefully they have fixed this feature. Regards Anton Erasmus
Reply by Mark A. Odell July 27, 20042004-07-27
Anton Erasmus <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in

> Hi, > > Can anyone recommend a nice Serial Communications Controller, in a > QFP or similar package that can do HDLC at rates at least up to > 1Mb/s. It also needs to be able to run from a 3.3V supply, and > preferably have 5V tolerant inputs on the serial side.
Can't say I've used it but it's HDLC and 3.3V if I read it correctly. http://www.infineon.com/cgi/ecrm.dll/ecrm/scripts/prod_ov.jsp?oid=13606 -- - Mark -> --
Reply by Anton Erasmus July 27, 20042004-07-27
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a nice Serial Communications Controller, in a
QFP or similar package that can do HDLC at rates at least up to
1Mb/s. It also needs to be able to run from a 3.3V supply, and
preferably have 5V tolerant inputs on the serial side.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus