Reply by Martin Cibulski July 25, 20042004-07-25
Do you know the website http://www.avrfreaks.net ?
There are forums with thousands of questions and answers about AVR
programming.
Perhaps you will find a user project for your purpose in the database.

I didn't use the SPI hardware in my projects because it is also used for in
circuit programming.
In my telescope driver (mega128) I control some microstepping motor drivers
serially
and did it completely in software.
Look at http://martin-cibulski.de/atm/mount_controller_4/ for more details.

Martin

"samad" <no_spm@spamnet.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Dear all, > > I am trying to send commands to a max6952 LED driver via SPI with my > microcontroller (ATmega8) which has SPI, however I have never writtern > programing for serial communication, and I don't know were to start. Would > anyne be kind enough to guide me the write direction (documentation, > website...). I can't find anything on google. > > Can I use general pins on the microcontroller? Or should I use the SPI
ports
> on the uC? How do I create the clk? > > Any help is greatly appreciated. > > Shahin > >
Reply by Gary Kato July 25, 20042004-07-25
>I am trying to send commands to a max6952 LED driver via SPI with my >microcontroller (ATmega8) which has SPI, however I have never writtern >programing for serial communication, and I don't know were to start. Would >anyne be kind enough to guide me the write direction (documentation, >website...). I can't find anything on google.
Ummm, have you tried looking at the datasheet for the ATMega8? There's even sample code there.
Reply by samad July 25, 20042004-07-25