Reply by AZ Nomad August 18, 20102010-08-18
On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 06:50:34 -0600, hamilton <hamilton@nothere.com> wrote:
>On 8/17/2010 6:31 AM, Frank-Christian Kr?gel wrote: >> Epson CX11NF
>wow, I can exchange my $100 printer for a $1,200 printer.
>Anyone have a more reasonable priced printer with ethernet ?
They're common. I found examples under $100 without trying.
Reply by Brian36000 August 17, 20102010-08-17
> OK, so what wireless color printer is compatable with both a MAC and PC > on the same network ? > > thanks > > hamilton
I've got the Samsung CLP-315W, which has both WiFi and Ethernet, in my home office of both Windows and Linux. I've only had it for just under a year, but for the price, I'm quite impressed with it.
Reply by larwe August 17, 20102010-08-17
On Aug 17, 8:50=A0am, hamilton <hamil...@nothere.com> wrote:

> wow, I can exchange my $100 printer for a $1,200 printer. > > Anyone have a more reasonable priced printer with ethernet ?
Laser or inkjet? I have an HP OfficeJet 6310, which is a scanner/ inkjet/fax/media card reader all in one which I think cost $180. The comparable current model is under $100 now. It has wired Ethernet. I also have an HP Color LaserJet 2600n with wired Ethernet, which cost $399 but again cheaper units are available now - Brother has a couple of comparable models for under $200. Both of these printers are shared on a heterogeneous wired/wireless Mac/PC (Windows/Linux) network. I haven't got the scanner function working in Linux as yet, but everything else works fine.
Reply by hamilton August 17, 20102010-08-17
On 8/17/2010 6:31 AM, Frank-Christian Kr&#4294967295;gel wrote:
> Epson CX11NF
wow, I can exchange my $100 printer for a $1,200 printer. Anyone have a more reasonable priced printer with ethernet ? h
Reply by August 17, 20102010-08-17
Am 17.08.2010 02:18, schrieb hamilton:

>> Printers with Ethernet connection can be converted to wireless with an >> extra access point capable of the client mode. >> > OK, so what wireless color printer is compatable with both a MAC and PC > on the same network ?
Most are. I've got an Epson CX11NF (C1100N plus scanner) that works without any problems. A customer has Kyocera Color Laser printers im a mixed network. -- Mit freundlichen Gr&#4294967295;&#4294967295;en Frank-Christian Kr&#4294967295;gel
Reply by Jack August 17, 20102010-08-17
On 16 Ago, 22:05, hamilton <hamil...@nothere.com> wrote:
> Does anyone use a wireless print server with both MACs and PCs connected ? > > Any suggestions on a WPS that is hassle free (or minimum). > > Thanks > > hamilton
Airport Express. Bye Jack
Reply by hamilton August 16, 20102010-08-16
On 8/16/2010 4:05 PM, Frank-Christian Kr&#4294967295;gel wrote:
> Am 16.08.2010 22:05, schrieb hamilton: >> Does anyone use a wireless print server with both MACs and PCs >> connected ? >> >> Any suggestions on a WPS that is hassle free (or minimum). > > I'll try to use NONE! > > Why? > > I buy printers with built-in Ethernet ports. They can tell you much more > information on your printer. I'm a bit overweight and don't want to walk > down the stairs just to check if the print job completed or the printer > is stuck or out of paper. A click on the printer's web bookmark shows me > exactly what state the printer is in and how much paper and toner it > has. An external box just hasn't access to these information. Well, > otherwise I'd just use an USB cable if I'd forego these options. > > Printers with Ethernet connection can be converted to wireless with an > extra access point capable of the client mode. >
OK, so what wireless color printer is compatable with both a MAC and PC on the same network ? thanks hamilton
Reply by August 16, 20102010-08-16
Am 16.08.2010 22:05, schrieb hamilton:
> Does anyone use a wireless print server with both MACs and PCs connected ? > > Any suggestions on a WPS that is hassle free (or minimum).
I'll try to use NONE! Why? I buy printers with built-in Ethernet ports. They can tell you much more information on your printer. I'm a bit overweight and don't want to walk down the stairs just to check if the print job completed or the printer is stuck or out of paper. A click on the printer's web bookmark shows me exactly what state the printer is in and how much paper and toner it has. An external box just hasn't access to these information. Well, otherwise I'd just use an USB cable if I'd forego these options. Printers with Ethernet connection can be converted to wireless with an extra access point capable of the client mode. -- Mit freundlichen Gr&#4294967295;&#4294967295;en Frank-Christian Kr&#4294967295;gel