Reply by Brian Murtha June 12, 20042004-06-12
"Richard" <nowhere@nospamthanks.com> wrote in message news:<uJdyc.73073$wd7.5043@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...
> "M. vA" <vanabb@uvic.ca> wrote in message > news:70027fcf.0406101151.231bb6de@posting.google.com... > > I have the book, uCOS-II: The real-time kernel, bought before I > > started using dynamic C (Z-World, rabbit semiconductor, RCM-3000 > > module). The version of Dynamic C I'm using (8.30) did not come with > > the uCOS-II .LIB files. > > > > Is there some way I can use or create the .LIB files (ucos2.lib, > > os_cfg.lib, others?) from the source code from uCOS CD, or must I buy > > these .LIB files from Z-world? Do I need to modify the other uCOS > > source files (OS_TASK.C, etc.)? > > > > Thank you > > I don't think compiling the source with Dynamic C would be easy. Dynamic C > is not ANSI C, standard source code will not compile using Dynamic C. I > think (?) Dynamic C also has problems with projects that include many > multiple source files. You will need to go through the code and rework a > bit to get it to compile.
If he ports it himself, he will be subject to Micrium's per product license fee ($2,500 the last I heard). If he pays $159 for uC/OS-II, he'll get another copy of the book, a supported, working port, and no per-product license fee. Porting isn't that hard, but it will take more than $159 worth of his time. uC/OS-II is also available for the Softools Rabbit compiler with a discounted license fee.
Reply by Neil Kurzman June 12, 20042004-06-12

Unbeliever wrote:

> "Neil Kurzman" <nsk@mail.asb.com> wrote in message > > What lib files? The book has the source, you need to build it an link > > it. > > look up uCOS-II in Google. It is still a product. They have a list of > > CPU's that people have ported it to. > > Maybe yours is there. > > > > Obviously you don't know a lot about Rabbit's Dynamic C. This is a C-like > language that has one main .c file. Any other modules are .lib files with a > not very C-like interface between modules. It may be easier to convert C to > Dynamic C than to Pascal, but I'm not sure. > > Alf
I stand corrected the MicroC/OS-II web site does not list the Rabbit.
Reply by Brian Murtha June 11, 20042004-06-11
The Dynamic C port of uCOS-II is sold separately for $159.

http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/products/dc/DC8/modules.shtml#uCOS

There is no end product license fee to use this port.

Neil Kurzman <nsk@mail.asb.com> wrote in message news:<40C929DB.51704439@mail.asb.com>...
> "M. vA" wrote: > > > I have the book, uCOS-II: The real-time kernel, bought before I > > started using dynamic C (Z-World, rabbit semiconductor, RCM-3000 > > module). The version of Dynamic C I'm using (8.30) did not come with > > the uCOS-II .LIB files. > > > > Is there some way I can use or create the .LIB files (ucos2.lib, > > os_cfg.lib, others?) from the source code from uCOS CD, or must I buy > > these .LIB files from Z-world? Do I need to modify the other uCOS > > source files (OS_TASK.C, etc.)? > > > > Thank you > > What lib files? The book has the source, you need to build it an link > it. > look up uCOS-II in Google. It is still a product. They have a list of > CPU's that people have ported it to. > Maybe yours is there.
Reply by Unbeliever June 11, 20042004-06-11
"Neil Kurzman" <nsk@mail.asb.com> wrote in message
> What lib files? The book has the source, you need to build it an link > it. > look up uCOS-II in Google. It is still a product. They have a list of > CPU's that people have ported it to. > Maybe yours is there. >
Obviously you don't know a lot about Rabbit's Dynamic C. This is a C-like language that has one main .c file. Any other modules are .lib files with a not very C-like interface between modules. It may be easier to convert C to Dynamic C than to Pascal, but I'm not sure. Alf
Reply by Richard June 11, 20042004-06-11
"M. vA" <vanabb@uvic.ca> wrote in message
> I have the book, uCOS-II: The real-time kernel, bought before I > started using dynamic C (Z-World, rabbit semiconductor, RCM-3000 > module). The version of Dynamic C I'm using (8.30) did not come with > the uCOS-II .LIB files. > > Is there some way I can use or create the .LIB files (ucos2.lib, > os_cfg.lib, others?) from the source code from uCOS CD, or must I buy > these .LIB files from Z-world? Do I need to modify the other uCOS > source files (OS_TASK.C, etc.)? > > Thank you
I don't think compiling the source with Dynamic C would be easy. Dynamic C is not ANSI C, standard source code will not compile using Dynamic C. I think (?) Dynamic C also has problems with projects that include many multiple source files. You will need to go through the code and rework a bit to get it to compile. Richard. http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Reply by Neil Kurzman June 11, 20042004-06-11

"M. vA" wrote:

> I have the book, uCOS-II: The real-time kernel, bought before I > started using dynamic C (Z-World, rabbit semiconductor, RCM-3000 > module). The version of Dynamic C I'm using (8.30) did not come with > the uCOS-II .LIB files. > > Is there some way I can use or create the .LIB files (ucos2.lib, > os_cfg.lib, others?) from the source code from uCOS CD, or must I buy > these .LIB files from Z-world? Do I need to modify the other uCOS > source files (OS_TASK.C, etc.)? > > Thank you
What lib files? The book has the source, you need to build it an link it. look up uCOS-II in Google. It is still a product. They have a list of CPU's that people have ported it to. Maybe yours is there.
Reply by M. vA June 10, 20042004-06-10