Reply by linnix July 1, 20112011-07-01
On Jun 30, 3:20=A0am, "rnunes" <ricardomiguel.sn@n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'm trying to develop a bluetooth interface between my PIC32 board and my > computer. I'm new to embedded bluetooth so I'm having some trouble findin=
> good transceivers. >
How about Microchip's MRF24J40 for Microchip's PIC32? You can even use it with Microchip's software stack.
Reply by Meindert Sprang June 30, 20112011-06-30
"rnunes" <ricardomiguel.sn@n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to develop a bluetooth interface between my PIC32 board and my > computer. I'm new to embedded bluetooth so I'm having some trouble finding > good transceivers. > > I've found one that follows SSP (Serial Port Profile), and I like it very > much, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the PC bluetooth. > > Could you help me giving me some information about the most common > bluetooth profiles on computers and transceivers to use in an embedded > application?
SPP is supported by windows. If you have BT on your PC, it will connect with your device perfectly. Meindert
Reply by rnunes June 30, 20112011-06-30
I'm trying to develop a bluetooth interface between my PIC32 board and my
computer. I'm new to embedded bluetooth so I'm having some trouble finding
good transceivers.

I've found one that follows SSP (Serial Port Profile), and I like it very
much, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the PC bluetooth.

Could you help me giving me some information about the most common
bluetooth profiles on computers and transceivers to use in an embedded
application?

Best regards,

Ricardo Nunes