Reply by Kenneth Land May 26, 20042004-05-26
Hi Georgi,

I don't do purchasing, but I think we either call Netchip directly or deal
with a distributor called LogicOne (sp?)

If you can't find it, private email me and I'll ask our buyer.

Ken

"Georgi Beloev" <gbH8SPAM@beloev.net> wrote in message
> Ken, > > Do you know who distributes the netchips in the US? I prefer distributors > with easy online ordering and I'm only interested in very small
quantities.
> > Thanks, > -- Georgi > > > "Kenneth Land" <kland1@neuralog1.com1> wrote in message > news:10b8sohgkjlk5fa@news.supernews.com... > > > > "HG" <armarm123@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > news:47822c89.0405260159.4a06e1b8@posting.google.com... > > > Hi, > > > > > > I need to implement a data logging device with a high-speed (480Mb/s) > > > USB 2.0 to the host. I'm considering the Cypress EZ-USB FX2. Any one > > > got any experience with this device ? Does it deliver ? Does the > > > software driver work out of the box ?. Any feedback good or bad > > > appreciated. > > > > > > Thanks > > > > I have experience with the Netchip chips. (1.1 and 2.0,
www.netchip.com)
I've
> > done it on coldfire and Altera Nios, but they have appnotes for 20+
chips.
> > They are all basically the same and easy to follow. I like the fact
that
> > the firmware is written on your processor so you know how to compile and > > debug already. If you can spring for their devkit, then you have a > working > > example to go by that you can step through in the Visual Studio
debugger.
> > think Netchip is not too big and not too small - just right for an > engineer > > working alone or in a small group. > > > > Ken > > > > > >
Reply by Georgi Beloev May 26, 20042004-05-26
Ken,

Do you know who distributes the netchips in the US? I prefer distributors
with easy online ordering and I'm only interested in very small quantities.

Thanks,
-- Georgi

"Kenneth Land" <kland1@neuralog1.com1> wrote in message
> > "HG" <armarm123@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:47822c89.0405260159.4a06e1b8@posting.google.com... > > Hi, > > > > I need to implement a data logging device with a high-speed (480Mb/s) > > USB 2.0 to the host. I'm considering the Cypress EZ-USB FX2. Any one > > got any experience with this device ? Does it deliver ? Does the > > software driver work out of the box ?. Any feedback good or bad > > appreciated. > > > > Thanks > > I have experience with the Netchip chips. (1.1 and 2.0, www.netchip.com) > > Very easy, very fast, and never any problems in the field. The sample > firmware and driver code is fairly simple to modify and get working. I've > done it on coldfire and Altera Nios, but they have appnotes for 20+ chips. > They are all basically the same and easy to follow. I like the fact that > the firmware is written on your processor so you know how to compile and > debug already. If you can spring for their devkit, then you have a
working
> example to go by that you can step through in the Visual Studio debugger. > > Most of all the tech support is responsive when you're getting started. I > think Netchip is not too big and not too small - just right for an
engineer
> working alone or in a small group. > > Ken > >
Reply by EM van Rijk May 26, 20042004-05-26
I'm currently working with the FX2 Dev Board CY3681.
I'm quite pleased with the performance and ease of use.
The Tech Support cypress delivers is excelent.
Cypress delivers the kit with the default sample driver and a jungo
driver kit.

If you only need to log out data you probably can use the default sample
driver. Also the debugging features given by the supplied KEIL (demo)
software are very good.

Erick
Kenneth Land wrote:
> > "HG" <armarm123@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:47822c89.0405260159.4a06e1b8@posting.google.com... > > Hi, > > > > I need to implement a data logging device with a high-speed (480Mb/s) > > USB 2.0 to the host. I'm considering the Cypress EZ-USB FX2. Any one > > got any experience with this device ? Does it deliver ? Does the > > software driver work out of the box ?. Any feedback good or bad > > appreciated. > > > > Thanks > > I have experience with the Netchip chips. (1.1 and 2.0, www.netchip.com) > > Very easy, very fast, and never any problems in the field. The sample > firmware and driver code is fairly simple to modify and get working. I've > done it on coldfire and Altera Nios, but they have appnotes for 20+ chips. > They are all basically the same and easy to follow. I like the fact that > the firmware is written on your processor so you know how to compile and > debug already. If you can spring for their devkit, then you have a working > example to go by that you can step through in the Visual Studio debugger. > > Most of all the tech support is responsive when you're getting started. I > think Netchip is not too big and not too small - just right for an engineer > working alone or in a small group. > > Ken
-- Erick van Rijk Networked Embedded Systems TNO Physics and Electronics Laboratory Direct phone: +31 70 3740 693
Reply by Kenneth Land May 26, 20042004-05-26
"HG" <armarm123@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > > I need to implement a data logging device with a high-speed (480Mb/s) > USB 2.0 to the host. I'm considering the Cypress EZ-USB FX2. Any one > got any experience with this device ? Does it deliver ? Does the > software driver work out of the box ?. Any feedback good or bad > appreciated. > > Thanks
I have experience with the Netchip chips. (1.1 and 2.0, www.netchip.com) Very easy, very fast, and never any problems in the field. The sample firmware and driver code is fairly simple to modify and get working. I've done it on coldfire and Altera Nios, but they have appnotes for 20+ chips. They are all basically the same and easy to follow. I like the fact that the firmware is written on your processor so you know how to compile and debug already. If you can spring for their devkit, then you have a working example to go by that you can step through in the Visual Studio debugger. Most of all the tech support is responsive when you're getting started. I think Netchip is not too big and not too small - just right for an engineer working alone or in a small group. Ken
Reply by HG May 26, 20042004-05-26