Reply by Neil April 15, 20042004-04-15
Ive narrowed it down to when i enable the HTTP, SMTP or POP3 protocols (all
of which enable the TCP or TCP client bits) and DHCP at the same time.
Otherwise I can compile and it works fine. Problem is it was the tcp client
with DHCP that i was most interested in. I cant see why enabling these two
protocols should cause these errors either.

Never mind on with the investigation

"Neil" <neilbirtles@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Maybe there's a watchdog timer that isn't being reset? Have you tried
using >the simulator to see if something weird is going on? Do you have something >like an ICD2 to debug with?
> > Dont think it is a wathcdog timer, ive disabled it in the > configuration fuses. I am in the process of running through with an > ICD2 at the moment - after turning all the display routines off to > speed things up a bit! Ill let everyone know what i discover
Reply by Neil April 15, 20042004-04-15
> Maybe there's a watchdog timer that isn't being reset? Have you tried using >the simulator to see if something weird is going on? Do you have something >like an ICD2 to debug with?
Dont think it is a wathcdog timer, ive disabled it in the configuration fuses. I am in the process of running through with an ICD2 at the moment - after turning all the display routines off to speed things up a bit! Ill let everyone know what i discover
Reply by Gary Kato April 14, 20042004-04-14
>My only >idea so far is that the chip keeps reseting itself, but i cant see why >it may be doing this.
Maybe there's a watchdog timer that isn't being reset? Have you tried using the simulator to see if something weird is going on? Do you have something like an ICD2 to debug with?
Reply by Neil April 14, 20042004-04-14
Hello,

Im trying to run the TCP/IP stack, that came with the TCP/IP lean book
that i have recently bought, on the microchip PICDEM.net board. I have
run the hex image that came on the CD with no problems, but i cant get
version that i have compiled to work. It seems to just loop around
with the display showing the P16Web v2.02 splash screen, the 'c' for
my PCH compiler and 0.0.0.0 DHCP being written over and over.

I am using the CCS PCH complier v3.186 and a PIC18F452 all under MPLAB
6.4. I have followed the instructions on the authors site to change
the code to the parts with E2PROM and now i am stuck.

has anyone had similar problems or think of any solutions? My only
idea so far is that the chip keeps reseting itself, but i cant see why
it may be doing this.

thanks in advance for any help

Neil