Reply by Mark A. Odell March 17, 20042004-03-17
erik.cato@japro.se (Erik Cato) wrote in

>> > Anyone that uses make and makefiles on Win 2000 that can help me get >> > started. The biggest issue is how to generate automatic dependencies. >> > All documentation >> > i have found for doing this uses some unix commands and regual >> > expressions... >> >> I've done this. Win2k, CodeWright, IAR for the MSP430. I created my own >> .xcl file. Grabbed my standard NMAKE/Gnu make template, added the >> source list to the makefile, found makedepend for Win32, ran make >> depend, ran make and then ran the IAR debugger to debug the code. >> Worked great. > > Great! i will test this. I would be greatful to come in contact with > you by mail if i run into some problems. Have you also solved how to > generate dependencies and compile in a single pass or do you have to > run make depend every time?
My website, www.embeddedfw.com, has an email address that works on it. I didn't care so much about single pass dependency generation. I was on Win2k and did not have ready access to sed (nor the desire to get it) so I just typed 'make depend' when ever I added a file to the project or changed header file inclusions. This did not happen so much so it never became a practical problem. -- - Mark -> --
Reply by Erik Cato March 17, 20042004-03-17
"Mark A. Odell" <nospam@embeddedfw.com> wrote in message news:<Xns94AE7704F454FCopyrightMarkOdell@130.133.1.4>...
> erik.cato@japro.se (Erik Cato) wrote in > news:92382512.0403160728.4828d279@posting.google.com: > > > We have been using IARs embedded workbench on Win 2000 machins. > > Now we want to move over to use CodeWright and skip EW completly. > > > > Have been starting to look at make and makefiles but having trouble > > figuring it out. > > > > Anyone that uses make and makefiles on Win 2000 that can help me get > > started. The biggest issue is how to generate automatic dependencies. > > All documentation > > i have found for doing this uses some unix commands and regual > > expressions... > > I've done this. Win2k, CodeWright, IAR for the MSP430. I created my own > .xcl file. Grabbed my standard NMAKE/Gnu make template, added the source > list to the makefile, found makedepend for Win32, ran make depend, ran > make and then ran the IAR debugger to debug the code. Worked great.
Great! i will test this. I would be greatful to come in contact with you by mail if i run into some problems. Have you also solved how to generate dependencies and compile in a single pass or do you have to run make depend every time? //Erik
Reply by Mark A. Odell March 16, 20042004-03-16
erik.cato@japro.se (Erik Cato) wrote in

> We have been using IARs embedded workbench on Win 2000 machins. > Now we want to move over to use CodeWright and skip EW completly. > > Have been starting to look at make and makefiles but having trouble > figuring it out. > > Anyone that uses make and makefiles on Win 2000 that can help me get > started. The biggest issue is how to generate automatic dependencies. > All documentation > i have found for doing this uses some unix commands and regual > expressions...
I've done this. Win2k, CodeWright, IAR for the MSP430. I created my own .xcl file. Grabbed my standard NMAKE/Gnu make template, added the source list to the makefile, found makedepend for Win32, ran make depend, ran make and then ran the IAR debugger to debug the code. Worked great. -- - Mark -> --
Reply by Erik Cato March 16, 20042004-03-16
Hi group!

We have been using IARs embedded workbench on Win 2000 machins.
Now we want to move over to use CodeWright and skip EW completly.

Have been starting to look at make and makefiles but having trouble
figuring it out.

Anyone that uses make and makefiles on Win 2000 that can help me get
started. The biggest issue is how to generate automatic dependencies.
All documentation
i have found for doing this uses some unix commands and regual
expressions...

Thanks!

/Erik