Reply by Meindert Sprang March 5, 20042004-03-05
"pipi" <shengwei@egr.msu.edu> wrote in message
> I want to develop a embedded system which has bluetooth capability (that
is,
> overall system = a microcontroller + bluetooth component), so it can talk
> a bluetooth-enabled PDA. So which chip should I choose for the bluetooth > component and also what microcontroller is good for the embedded system?
I use the TRBLU20 module from TDK. It has all bt stuff on one board and uses the serial profile, giving you a serial port to talk to and configure it with modem style AT commands. This module and the BT features in a PDA behave like a serial cable connection. Other options are, like Dave pointed out, the National LXM thingy. But beware: anything you put together yourself (chips, antenna's and stuff and put it on a board) needs te be approved. The benefit of using a complete solution like TDK's is that all approvals have been done for you (FCC). Meindert
Reply by Dave Moore March 4, 20042004-03-04
"pipi" <shengwei@egr.msu.edu> wrote in message
> I want to develop a embedded system which has bluetooth capability (that
is,
> overall system = a microcontroller + bluetooth component), so it can talk
> a bluetooth-enabled PDA. So which chip should I choose for the bluetooth > component and also what microcontroller is good for the embedded system? >
Check the National website...they have some nice single chip solutions for interface directly to a serial or usb port. If you go to the Ericsson website, they actually direct you all over the place for Bluetooth stuff.
Reply by pipi March 4, 20042004-03-04
I want to develop a embedded system which has bluetooth capability (that is,
overall system = a microcontroller + bluetooth component), so it can talk to
a bluetooth-enabled PDA. So which chip should I choose for the bluetooth
component and also what microcontroller is good for the embedded system?

Thanks in advance.

SWH