Reply by Robert Wessel January 23, 20042004-01-23
"Ophir" <whoami@dontknow.com> wrote in message news:<buql8f$pee$1@news2.netvision.net.il>...
> It's not an IP over SONET - it's PPP over SONET. I would expect the PPP > frames > to be sent over the PCI (remark: the IP is embedded in the PPP). > Linux should view the adapter as a PPP interface.
I talked to someone, and I got two references. First, Sun appears to make such a beast (in both PCI and SBUS forms). Their support for non-SPARC/Solaris platforms is anyone's guess. Also there's a Japanese company called NTT-AT (their web site appears to be at the obvious location). Again, I'm pretty sure neither of these is compact PCI. If you *have* a cPCI ATM/OC-3 adapter, it may well be possible to support SDH or PPP if you can get someone to tell you enough about the card and you have enough CPU to drive the process. Obviously it depends on how the card was designed, but perhaps worth looking into.
Reply by Ophir January 23, 20042004-01-23

> > Hi, > > I am looking for an OC3 Packet Over Sonet adapter that can send frames
over
> > a > > PCI bus (via cPCI or PMC). > > Any references would be appreciated. > > > Are you really looking for IP over raw SONET support or an OC3 ATM > card? I think you'll have difficulty finding either in compact PCI > form.
Reply by Robert Wessel January 22, 20042004-01-22
"Ophir" <whoami@dontknow.com> wrote in message news:<bumn0i$hc7$1@news2.netvision.net.il>...
> Hi, > I am looking for an OC3 Packet Over Sonet adapter that can send frames over > a > PCI bus (via cPCI or PMC). > Any references would be appreciated.
Are you really looking for IP over raw SONET support or an OC3 ATM card? I think you'll have difficulty finding either in compact PCI form.
Reply by Ophir January 22, 20042004-01-22
The adaptar is a NIC (Network Interface Card) which should
be plugged in a PC.
Rather than ethernet - it should receive Packets Over Sonet.
I run Linux on my PC.

"Ophir" <whoami@dontknow.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > I am looking for an OC3 Packet Over Sonet adapter that can send frames
over
> a > PCI bus (via cPCI or PMC). > Any references would be appreciated. > >
Reply by Ophir January 21, 20042004-01-21