Reply by Leon Heller January 19, 20042004-01-19

Iain wrote:
> "J. Michael Milner" <jmmilner@att.not> wrote in message news:<UOCdncnERbbf5Jbd4p2dnA@comcast.com>... > >>"Iain" <iainfran@hotmail.com> wrote in message >>news:b06b0e8d.0401181819.17122d01@posting.google.com... >> >>>Hi All, >>> >>>I've been messing around with the PSOC Invention/Mini Development >>>board to try and remember how firmware works (verrryy rusty :) ) but I >>>cannot get the thing to run the code. I've resorted to using the >>>test.hex file that comes with the kit. Once I have programmed the part >>>how do I get it to run the code. There is no monitor etc and I can't >>>seem to find a software based "go" button. Tried a power reset but it >>>just sits there and does nothing. Can abyone tell me what obvious >>>thing i'm missing??? >>> >>> >>>Thanks >>> >>>Iain >> >>Assuming you're using the USB to program the PSoC on the Invention >>board, I've found following the instructions in the "Instructions.txt" file >>works for me. Perhaps you've skipped step 9: >> >>"Uncheck the 'Connect' box. The PSoC will not begin executing the >>program until the USB connection is disconnected." >> >>Other methods that work for me include exiting the programmer >>application and cycling the power for the Invention board. > > > oh "that" txt file.... > > Thanks for the help I now have a flashing LED :)
You'll find this forum very useful: http://www.psocdeveloper.com/ There is also the Cypress forum on their web site. Leon -- Leon Heller, G1HSM Email: aqzf13@dsl.pipex.com My low-cost Philips LPC210x ARM development system: http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller/lpc2104.html
Reply by Iain January 19, 20042004-01-19
"J. Michael Milner" <jmmilner@att.not> wrote in message news:<UOCdncnERbbf5Jbd4p2dnA@comcast.com>...
> "Iain" <iainfran@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:b06b0e8d.0401181819.17122d01@posting.google.com... > > Hi All, > > > > I've been messing around with the PSOC Invention/Mini Development > > board to try and remember how firmware works (verrryy rusty :) ) but I > > cannot get the thing to run the code. I've resorted to using the > > test.hex file that comes with the kit. Once I have programmed the part > > how do I get it to run the code. There is no monitor etc and I can't > > seem to find a software based "go" button. Tried a power reset but it > > just sits there and does nothing. Can abyone tell me what obvious > > thing i'm missing??? > > > > > > Thanks > > > > Iain > > Assuming you're using the USB to program the PSoC on the Invention > board, I've found following the instructions in the "Instructions.txt" file > works for me. Perhaps you've skipped step 9: > > "Uncheck the 'Connect' box. The PSoC will not begin executing the > program until the USB connection is disconnected." > > Other methods that work for me include exiting the programmer > application and cycling the power for the Invention board.
oh "that" txt file.... Thanks for the help I now have a flashing LED :) Iain
Reply by J. Michael Milner January 19, 20042004-01-19
"Iain" <iainfran@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All, > > I've been messing around with the PSOC Invention/Mini Development > board to try and remember how firmware works (verrryy rusty :) ) but I > cannot get the thing to run the code. I've resorted to using the > test.hex file that comes with the kit. Once I have programmed the part > how do I get it to run the code. There is no monitor etc and I can't > seem to find a software based "go" button. Tried a power reset but it > just sits there and does nothing. Can abyone tell me what obvious > thing i'm missing??? > > > Thanks > > Iain
Assuming you're using the USB to program the PSoC on the Invention board, I've found following the instructions in the "Instructions.txt" file works for me. Perhaps you've skipped step 9: "Uncheck the 'Connect' box. The PSoC will not begin executing the program until the USB connection is disconnected." Other methods that work for me include exiting the programmer application and cycling the power for the Invention board.
Reply by Iain January 18, 20042004-01-18