Reply by Gunther Mannigel January 11, 20182018-01-11
Am 27.11.2017 um 06:05 schrieb obulesu.t@gmail.com:
> I have a 16X32 P10 LED display. I have to make a 32X64 display with four such displays. > The controller gets the data from either Zigbee or Ethernet (Using HTTP or TCP/IP protocol), extracts the information from the received packets and finally displays it on the Matrix Display. > > Can someone suggest me what is the best controller that has both Zigbee and Ethernet for interfacing the Matrix display (Preferred would be Ethernet since interested to get the data from the Ethernet) ?
How about https://www.wiznet.hk ? cheers Gunther
Reply by Peter Jakacki December 5, 20172017-12-05
On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 3:05:36 PM UTC+10, T Obulesu wrote:
> Hello All, > > My current project is to interface the display to the controller that gets the data through a Ethernet port and displays it on P10 LED display. > > I have a 16X32 P10 LED display. I have to make a 32X64 display with four such displays. > The controller gets the data from either Zigbee or Ethernet (Using HTTP or TCP/IP protocol), extracts the information from the received packets and finally displays it on the Matrix Display. > > Can someone suggest me what is the best controller that has both Zigbee and Ethernet for interfacing the Matrix display (Preferred would be Ethernet since interested to get the data from the Ethernet) ? > > Software is the most important aspect since no where I got the information about the display code for P10 display and getting or communicating through the Ethernet. > > I thought of going with PIC controllers but no where the code is available for getting the data from the Ethernet and interfacing the display.
Very easy with a Propeller chip and one of my MagJack format W5500 WIZnet modules for the hardwired Ethernet. I have server code for HTTP/FTP and Telnet while the Propeller chip with its multiple cores handles I/O tasks easily. I'm guessing though that you either use shift registers or a decoder for the 32 columns with 16 I/O directly driving the rows. Telnet is a way of sending commands and data to it serially, or you could go Zigbee just as easily. pubdoc at https://goo.gl/9si6iV Peter
Reply by Randy Day December 2, 20172017-12-02
In article <d4835f89-2bd3-4b83-b24d-36eb96f7f248@googlegroups.com>,
obulesu.t@gmail.com says...

[snip]

> THanks for the reply,.. > It looks ok for me but there is no ethernet port...
It's WiFi, yes. When you mentioned Zigbee, I assumed a wireless solution was OK.
Reply by December 2, 20172017-12-02
On Monday, 27 November 2017 22:27:50 UTC+5:30, Randy Day  wrote:
> In article <ce1e456e-9567-4033-83e0-818836ebf9b4@googlegroups.com>, > obulesu.t@gmail.com says... > > > Hello All, > > > My current project is to interface the display to the controller that gets the data through a Ethernet port and displays it on P10 LED display. > > > I have a 16X32 P10 LED display. I have to make a 32X64 display with four such displays. > > The controller gets the data from either Zigbee or Ethernet (Using HTTP or TCP/IP protocol), extracts the information from the received packets and finally displays it on the Matrix Display. > > You didn't mention a required frame rate, but > if it's not too high you could use an ESP8266 > WiFi controller. The ESP8266-12 has several > GPIO, UART, SPI, and programs in the Arduino > environment. > > The advantage is that you don't have to use > up GPIO integrating a uC with a separate WiFi > solution. > > Connectivity code examples generally come with > the Arduino IDE. > > HTH
THanks for the reply,.. It looks ok for me but there is no ethernet port...
Reply by Jack November 29, 20172017-11-29
Or go for the www.mbed.org boards. Low cost, lot of examples, RTOS, etc. Bye Jack
Reply by Jack November 29, 20172017-11-29
Il giorno luned&igrave; 27 novembre 2017 06:05:36 UTC+1, obul...@gmail.com ha scritto:
> Hello All, > > My current project is to interface the display to the controller that gets the data through a Ethernet port and displays it on P10 LED display. > > I have a 16X32 P10 LED display. I have to make a 32X64 display with four such displays. > The controller gets the data from either Zigbee or Ethernet (Using HTTP or TCP/IP protocol), extracts the information from the received packets and finally displays it on the Matrix Display. > > Can someone suggest me what is the best controller that has both Zigbee and Ethernet for interfacing the Matrix display (Preferred would be Ethernet since interested to get the data from the Ethernet) ? > > Software is the most important aspect since no where I got the information about the display code for P10 display and getting or communicating through the Ethernet. > > I thought of going with PIC controllers but no where the code is available for getting the data from the Ethernet and interfacing the display.
If you don't need to do many pieces I would go for a Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone, etc. and make a small HAT with the display and the zigbee dongle (if it doesn't exist already). Bye Jack
Reply by John Speth November 27, 20172017-11-27
> My current project is to interface the display to the controller that gets the data through a Ethernet port and displays it on P10 LED display.
Your static requirements state a Zigbee/Ethernet to shift register output converter (maybe even SPI compatible). Just about any MCU will have GPIOs needed for your display output. You just need a MCU with Zigbee or Ethernet. You really need to understand your cost and dynamic requirements (like data throughput, frame rate, etc). That will help you find the right part (or parts). JJS
Reply by Randy Day November 27, 20172017-11-27
In article <ce1e456e-9567-4033-83e0-818836ebf9b4@googlegroups.com>,
obulesu.t@gmail.com says...

> Hello All,
> My current project is to interface the display to the controller that gets the data through a Ethernet port and displays it on P10 LED display.
> I have a 16X32 P10 LED display. I have to make a 32X64 display with four such displays. > The controller gets the data from either Zigbee or Ethernet (Using HTTP or TCP/IP protocol), extracts the information from the received packets and finally displays it on the Matrix Display.
You didn't mention a required frame rate, but if it's not too high you could use an ESP8266 WiFi controller. The ESP8266-12 has several GPIO, UART, SPI, and programs in the Arduino environment. The advantage is that you don't have to use up GPIO integrating a uC with a separate WiFi solution. Connectivity code examples generally come with the Arduino IDE. HTH
Reply by November 27, 20172017-11-27