Reply by Tauno Voipio February 13, 20052005-02-13
Meindert Sprang wrote:
> "Johnny" <john_wr@NOSPAM.hotmail.com.> wrote in message > news:47du01dm3hf31ldlpl81hrkddloa7en9el@4ax.com... > >>I was looking at the Atmel AT91R40008 for a new design. However I >>realised it dosen't support I2C. >> >>Does anyone have a recommendation about how to interface a real time >>clock, and maybe a serial eeprom. Is an I2C bus master a sensible >>approach, perhaps from Philips? > > > Create your own I2C interface using two I/O port lines. I can give you some > source code if you want. > > Meindert > >
A similar offer here. I'm running a couple of AVR slaves, a temperature sensor and a ferroelectric RAM off I2C on an AT91R40008. Repair the address in sig in the obvious way - sorry for the bot-mess. -- Tauno Voipio tauno voipio (at) iki fi
Reply by Meindert Sprang February 13, 20052005-02-13
"Johnny" <john_wr@NOSPAM.hotmail.com.> wrote in message
> I was looking at the Atmel AT91R40008 for a new design. However I > realised it dosen't support I2C. > > Does anyone have a recommendation about how to interface a real time > clock, and maybe a serial eeprom. Is an I2C bus master a sensible > approach, perhaps from Philips?
Create your own I2C interface using two I/O port lines. I can give you some source code if you want. Meindert
Reply by Johnny February 13, 20052005-02-13
I was looking at the Atmel AT91R40008 for a new design.  However I
realised it dosen't support I2C.

Does anyone have a recommendation about how to interface a real time
clock, and maybe a serial eeprom.   Is an I2C bus master a sensible
approach, perhaps from Philips?

The main objectives are low cost and good availbility.

regards,
Johnny.