Reply by Philipp Klaus Krause October 12, 20182018-10-12
Am 05.10.2018 um 01:29 schrieb Clifford Heath:
> Whether it turns out to be true or not, this will be the biggest > security blockbuster of the decade. > > <https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies> > > > Clifford Heath
While er don't know enough that much this case, the idea of implanting backdoors in hardware to be shipped to other countries is not new. The NSA has been doing so for a long time (as we know from Snowden since 2014): https://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/may/12/glenn-greenwald-nsa-tampers-us-internet-routers-snowden Philipp
Reply by October 7, 20182018-10-07
Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> wrote in

> That's 3.5 decades experience saving > customers from the end products of computer science.
You are so utterly full of shit, child.
Reply by October 7, 20182018-10-07
Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> wrote in

> I am not a computah scientist. I perform damage control on the > mistakes of computah scientists.
Yer an idiot, at best. Reputah Le Buta... I'd kick you right in the knee, green teeth.
Reply by Jeff Liebermann October 7, 20182018-10-07
On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 14:09:31 +0000 (UTC), DLUNU
<DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@DLU.org> wrote:

>Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> wrote in >news:jvsirdhfd1vgt8c8a78b6o0sd0im2s3bt7@4ax.com: > >> I hope this help you understand the process should anyone actually >> trust you do solve a computer problem.
>You are worse than a troll.
Ah, my favorite topic... me. Please keep things simple. I am a troll. I like to write provocative and inflammatory drivel and poetry. Oddly, you're the only person who seems to be provoked or inflamed.
>You actually believe that bullshit you spewed.
Well yes, I wrote it, therefore it's a fair assumption that I believe what I write. I only have one requirement. Whatever I write must be worth reading. With the exception of this message, I suspect that I've done rather well.
>Man, the truth must have had some hellish sting to it for you to get so >angry over it.
Hardly. If I write something, by definition it is my truth. Whether you believe my truths is optional. I don't pretend to have any effect on your version of the truth. I simply add some entertainment value while trying to understand how you think. It's much like shooting neutrons into a fissionable atom, hoping to hit the tiny nucleus, and then take inventory of what comes flying out. Judging by the debris trail behind your logic, that could become a major project and possibly the topic of a research report.
>I understand computer science, so getting your thumbs up on my >capabilities is hardly my goal. You do not see me blaming the scientists.
I am not a computah scientist. I perform damage control on the mistakes of computah scientists. I don't blame them for anything because I'm profiting from their mistakes. I much prefer to blame government agencies, large corporations, and industry organizations.
>Especially not those whom have been doing it decades longer than you have.
Doing what? I've been fixing computahs to support my decadent and lavish lifestyle since 1983. That's 3.5 decades experience saving customers from the end products of computer science. Longer if you include my computah hobby phase. What is "it" that you have been doing? -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Reply by DLUNU October 7, 20182018-10-07
Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> wrote in

> I hope this help you understand the process should anyone actually > trust you do solve a computer problem. >
You are worse than a troll. You actually believe that bullshit you spewed. Man, the truth must have had some hellish sting to it for you to get so angry over it. I understand computer science, so getting your thumbs up on my capabilities is hardly my goal. You do not see me blaming the scientists. Especially not those whom have been doing it decades longer than you have.
Reply by Tom Gardner October 7, 20182018-10-07
On 07/10/18 04:14, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 16:42:01 +0000 (UTC), > DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote: > >> Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> wrote in >> news:gskhrdtud3u1jf0fi8un1si04cja0t9382@4ax.com: >> >>>> Always backup first for one thing, and I still >>>> think you did something to cause the loss. >>> >>> The first step to solving a problem really is to blame someone, but >>> never blame the person in charge of fixing the problem. They might >>> get angry and do nothing. > >> Especially when the FIRST thing they are ALWAYS supposed to do is perform a >> backup. Yeah... you might get angry and... start blaming Microsoft for >> your missteps. > > Well, ok. If you need a detailed procedure on how to assign the > blame, I can provide one. > > 1. The first step is to deny that there's a problem. If the problem > goes away, you win, and can stop right here. If not, precede to the > next step. > 2. The next step is to misidentify the problem in a manner that > deflects the blame from the obvious culprit and delivers it to your > worst enemy. For example, if Microsoft delivers a self destructive > Windoze update, it must be President Trump's fault. > 3. When blaming your worst enemy no longer draws the necessary > attention, the next step is to blame the innocent. The could mean a > former employee, another department, the janitor, or anyone who is > incapable of properly defending themselves. > 4. Blaming the innocent will inevitably fail, but should give you > time for the next step, which is appoint a committee of luminaries, > experts, academics, and con artists who will approach the problem from > as many directions as there are members, and reach an equal number of > conclusions. Extra credit for also providing an equal number of > useless solutions to the problem. > 5. When the committee inevitably fails, a very expensive consultant > will be hired to properly assign the blame. Of course he will be > hired by the obvious culprit who cannot be blamed or the consultant > might not get paid. > 6. The absence of a suitable culprit is not a sufficient reason to > bypass the punishment phase of the process. No progress can be made > unless someone has been punished for allowing things to gone wrong. > Generally, it will be someone already scheduled for early retirement, > or perhaps someone who is disliked by management. Once out of the > way, this person can also be blamed for a variety of other things that > have gone wrong. Don't worry, they won't talk because they are > collecting their golden parachute retirement pay off. > > I forgot to mention if someone accidentally finds the initiative to > make a proper backup, the backup media will soon disappear to insure > that the backup thief gets credit for finding the all important > backups after a frantic search. > > I hope this help you understand the process should anyone actually > trust you do solve a computer problem.
That lot is also true for political problems, e.g. nomination processes.
On Friday, 5 October 2018 01:30:01 UTC+2, Clifford Heath  wrote:

> Whether it turns out to be true or not, this will be the biggest > security blockbuster of the decade.
Whether that turns out to be true or not, this whole thread is yet another exercise in utter bullshit... *Plonk* Julio
Reply by Johnny B Good October 7, 20182018-10-07
On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 11:56:53 +1100, Clifford Heath wrote:

> On 07/10/18 09:41, DLUNU wrote: >> Chris <xxx.syseng.yyy@gfsys.co.uk> wrote in news:ppauu1$11ja$1 >> @gioia.aioe.org: >> >>> I wouldn't touch win 10 with yours, never mind my own. Completely >>> untrustworthy if you value personal or even corporate privacy. Modern >>> systems are getting so complex, who can verify what's been hidden in >>> either the hardware or software ?. >>> >>> >> Ummm... the millions of folks using it. Particularly the pro >> installations. > > Microsoft doesn't have users. They have hostages.
Succinctly put! :-) The last of Microsoft's customers who could still regard themselves as "Users" were running win2kSP4. After that with winXP, Microsoft's customers were on the downhill slope to becoming hostages. It started gently at first becoming a cliff like plummet into the depths of what Microsoft rather ironically named "Vista", after which it somehow just kept going from bad to worse. -- Johnny B Good
Reply by Jeff Liebermann October 7, 20182018-10-07
On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 16:42:01 +0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:

>Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@cruzio.com> wrote in >news:gskhrdtud3u1jf0fi8un1si04cja0t9382@4ax.com: > >>>Always backup first for one thing, and I still >>>think you did something to cause the loss. >> >> The first step to solving a problem really is to blame someone, but >> never blame the person in charge of fixing the problem. They might >> get angry and do nothing.
>Especially when the FIRST thing they are ALWAYS supposed to do is perform a >backup. Yeah... you might get angry and... start blaming Microsoft for >your missteps.
Well, ok. If you need a detailed procedure on how to assign the blame, I can provide one. 1. The first step is to deny that there's a problem. If the problem goes away, you win, and can stop right here. If not, precede to the next step. 2. The next step is to misidentify the problem in a manner that deflects the blame from the obvious culprit and delivers it to your worst enemy. For example, if Microsoft delivers a self destructive Windoze update, it must be President Trump's fault. 3. When blaming your worst enemy no longer draws the necessary attention, the next step is to blame the innocent. The could mean a former employee, another department, the janitor, or anyone who is incapable of properly defending themselves. 4. Blaming the innocent will inevitably fail, but should give you time for the next step, which is appoint a committee of luminaries, experts, academics, and con artists who will approach the problem from as many directions as there are members, and reach an equal number of conclusions. Extra credit for also providing an equal number of useless solutions to the problem. 5. When the committee inevitably fails, a very expensive consultant will be hired to properly assign the blame. Of course he will be hired by the obvious culprit who cannot be blamed or the consultant might not get paid. 6. The absence of a suitable culprit is not a sufficient reason to bypass the punishment phase of the process. No progress can be made unless someone has been punished for allowing things to gone wrong. Generally, it will be someone already scheduled for early retirement, or perhaps someone who is disliked by management. Once out of the way, this person can also be blamed for a variety of other things that have gone wrong. Don't worry, they won't talk because they are collecting their golden parachute retirement pay off. I forgot to mention if someone accidentally finds the initiative to make a proper backup, the backup media will soon disappear to insure that the backup thief gets credit for finding the all important backups after a frantic search. I hope this help you understand the process should anyone actually trust you do solve a computer problem. (Hint: File by file incremental backups suck and are a giant time burn. Backing up only user data is worse. The only backup that really works for me are image backups and rsync type backups). -- Jeff Liebermann jeffl@cruzio.com 150 Felker St #D http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Reply by Clifford Heath October 6, 20182018-10-06