Reply by 1011 10 February 28, 20052005-02-28
Thanks a LOT everyone.

Reply by Hans-Bernhard Broeker February 22, 20052005-02-22
one.zero.one.one@gmail.com <one.zero.one.one@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ALL > I am using threadx. Is there any way i can wait on a thread. I need > to know when a thread has completed its execution.
If you have to actually *wait* for it, it's probably the wrong plan to move that job to a separate thread in the first place. If you just want something done once the thread finishes, the thread should do that by itself. -- Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de) Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.
Reply by Nicholas O. Lindan February 22, 20052005-02-22
> I am using threadx. Is there any way i can wait on a thread. I need > to know when a thread has completed its execution.
Er, have the waited upon thread send a signal to the waitee upon completion. -- Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio Consulting Engineer: Electronics; Informatics; Photonics. To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com psst.. want to buy an f-stop timer? nolindan.com/da/fstop/
Reply by Arie de Muynck February 22, 20052005-02-22
<one.zero.one.one@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi ALL > I am using threadx. Is there any way i can wait on a thread. I need > to know when a thread has completed its execution. This is possible in > windows by using: > > WaitForSingleObject((HANDLE)event, timeout); > > Is there anything equivalent to that in threadx or any other rtos's. > > Threadx only has the following APIs defined for threads. Can we use > these to do the same. >
<snip> AFAIK for ThreadX the only way to get a thread's state is to poll the state (you could do this in a repetitive thread which then signals an event): UINT tx_thread_info_get( TX_THREAD *thread_ptr, CHAR **name, UINT *state, // see header files for the enum ULONG *run_count, UINT *priority, UINT *preemption_threshold, ULONG *time_slice, TX_THREAD **next_thread, TX_THREAD **next_suspended_thread ); or to signal an event from the thread itself just before the thread finishes in a _normal_ way, and never using an tx_thread_terminate() or the like. If you do have the sources, you could easily add a function to the OS like: tx_set_terminate_event(*TX_THREAD, *TX_EVENT, ULONG bits); This would set in the TX_THREAD structure a pointer to an event that has to be signalled whenever a thread is terminated. Only the OS knows for sure when that state change happens...
> Thanks a LOT > 1011 10
111 11's, Arie de Muynck
Reply by one....@gmail.com February 21, 20052005-02-21
Hi ALL
   I am using threadx. Is there any way i can wait on a thread. I need
to know when a thread has completed its execution. This is possible in
windows by using:

WaitForSingleObject((HANDLE)event, timeout);

Is there anything equivalent to that in threadx or any other rtos's.

Threadx only has the following APIs defined for threads. Can we use
these to do the same.

UINT tx_thread_create(TX_THREAD *thread_ptr, CHAR *name_ptr,VOID
(*entry_function)(ULONG), ULONG entry_input,
VOID *stack_start, ULONG stack_size,
UINT priority, UINT preempt_threshold,
ULONG time_slice, UINT auto_start);

UINT tx_thread_delete(TX_THREAD *thread_ptr);
TX_THREAD *tx_thread_identify(VOID);

UINT tx_thread_info_get(TX_THREAD *thread_ptr, CHAR **name,
UINT *state, ULONG *run_count, UINT *priority,
UINT *preemption_threshold, ULONG *time_slice,
TX_THREAD **next_thread,
TX_THREAD **next_suspended_thread);

UINT tx_thread_preemption_change(TX_THREAD *thread_ptr,
UINT new_threshold, UINT *old_threshold);

UINT tx_thread_priority_change(TX_THREAD *thread_ptr,
UINT new_priority, UINT *old_priority);

VOID tx_thread_relinquish(VOID);

UINT tx_thread_resume(TX_THREAD *thread_ptr);

UINT tx_thread_sleep(ULONG timer_ticks);

UINT tx_thread_suspend(TX_THREAD *thread_ptr);

UINT tx_thread_terminate(TX_THREAD *thread_ptr);

UINT tx_thread_time_slice_change(TX_THREAD *thread_ptr,
ULONG new_time_slice, ULONG *old_time_slice);

UINT tx_thread_wait_abort(TX_THREAD *thread_ptr);

Thanks a LOT

1011 10