Reply by MikeD February 27, 20052005-02-27
That is a new option.

Does the free webpack go that large, something I remember about a gate
size limit on the free version.

Mike D

Reply by Alex Gibson February 27, 20052005-02-27
"MikeD" <mikeD@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>I have the spartan 3 kit you find on the xilinx website. Its great, > and when your order it from digilent you can spend an extra 20$ and get > the 400k instead of the 200k. Add to your cart the 200k, the following > screen will ask you if you want to upgrade. > > mike D >
Also if you buy from Digilentinc there is an option for the same board with a XC3S1000-FT256 (1 mil gate S3) for an extra US$50. Option comes up after adding the board to your shopping cart https://www.digilentinc.com/Sales/Product.cfm?Prod=S3BOARD
Reply by MikeD February 24, 20052005-02-24
I have the spartan 3 kit you find on the xilinx website.  Its great,
and when your order it from digilent you can spend an extra 20$ and get
the 400k instead of the 200k.  Add to your cart the 200k, the following
screen will ask you if you want to upgrade.

mike D

Reply by February 24, 20052005-02-24
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:28:59 -0700, "starfire" <starfire151@cableone.net> wrote:
> According to the Xilinx site, the Spartan-3 starter kit is only $99 now and > comes with a bunch of stuff to get started. It sounds like a pretty good > deal to me. > > Has anyone else found a better starter kit?
http://www.futureelectronics.com/promos/cyclone/ About 5 weeks ago the price fell from $99 to $49. The problem is that (most probably) FE doesn't sell the kit in Europe because major Altera's distributor in Europe is EBV. At least polish FE's branch doesn't sell it. So an European has to ask a friend from North America. :-) Regards, /J.D. -- Jan Dubiec We're all living in Amerika jdx#slackware.pl Coca Cola +48 506 790442 Sometimes war Amerika by Rammstein
Reply by Rich Webb February 23, 20052005-02-23
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:28:59 -0700, "starfire"
<starfire151@cableone.net> wrote:

>According to the Xilinx site, the Spartan-3 starter kit is only $99 now and >comes with a bunch of stuff to get started. It sounds like a pretty good >deal to me. > >Has anyone else found a better starter kit?
Depends on what you're looking for. Digilent has several others (they make the Spartan 3 board). There's also FPGA 4 Fun with a few. http://www.digilentinc.com/ http://www.fpga4fun.com/ -- Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Reply by starfire February 23, 20052005-02-23
According to the Xilinx site, the Spartan-3 starter kit is only $99 now and
comes with a bunch of stuff to get started.  It sounds like a pretty good
deal to me.

Has anyone else found a better starter kit?

Dave

"Nitron" <yo@yo.com> wrote in message news:cvgrfo$4uq$1@news1.nivel5.cl...
> Hi, > > I'm starting on FPGAs. How about Xilinx Spartan 3 starter kit?. It's any > better under $200. > > http://www.xilinx.com/products/spartan3/s3boards.htm > > Best regards, > Rodrigo. >
Reply by Nitron February 22, 20052005-02-22