Reply by Ulf Samuelsson March 2, 20052005-03-02
Joe wrote:
> I would like to be able to build the project (c source) from within > AVRStudio 4 (the way I can from AVRStudio 3) and, if possible, to > debug it (I assume that's what loading the executable obj will give > me?). >
There is no C project management in AVR Studio today. It might come one day, but it is, as always, unsure when one day will come. Why not run "make" from the tools menu...
> Note: I've inherited an incomplete project from someone else and have > only used IAR Embedded Workbench previously.
You have a project manager within the "Programmer Notepad" in WINAVR. Have to change the makefile to generate the *.obj instead of *.o.
> > thanks. > >> -- >> Best Regards, >> Ulf Samuelsson >> ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com >> This message is intended to be my own personal view and it >> may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by Joe March 2, 20052005-03-02
I would like to be able to build the project (c source) from within
AVRStudio 4 (the way I can from AVRStudio 3) and, if possible, to debug it
(I assume that's what loading the executable obj will give me?).

Note: I've inherited an incomplete project from someone else and have only
used IAR Embedded Workbench previously.

thanks.