Reply by oliver.gold March 19, 20052005-03-19
I think I didn't ask properly. I want to know how to drive the JTAG/COP
interface to access cpu registers, memory and so on. This information is
beyond the scope of the core reference manual and user manuals (as far as I
can see)
thx
og

"Pablo Bleyer Kocik" <pablobleyer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > oliver.gold wrote: >> Hi >> Can anyone tell me how to get hold of the details of the JTAG COP > (BDM) >> interface for Freescale PowerPC CPUs (especially MPC824x series)? I > have >> the pinouts and IEEE1149.1 compliant stuff but I want to find out how > to >> use the software debug functions. >> >> Same question for the IBM PowerPC range too ..... >> >> thx >> og > > Those are well explained in the processor user manuals and the > respective core reference manual (G2/603e for MCP824x). > > Regards. > > -- > PabloBleyerKocik / > pablo /"Ignorance simplifies ANY problem." > @bleyer.org / - R. Lucke >
Reply by Pablo Bleyer Kocik March 18, 20052005-03-18
oliver.gold wrote:
> Hi > Can anyone tell me how to get hold of the details of the JTAG COP
(BDM)
> interface for Freescale PowerPC CPUs (especially MPC824x series)? I
have
> the pinouts and IEEE1149.1 compliant stuff but I want to find out how
> use the software debug functions. > > Same question for the IBM PowerPC range too ..... > > thx > og
Those are well explained in the processor user manuals and the respective core reference manual (G2/603e for MCP824x). Regards. -- PabloBleyerKocik / pablo /"Ignorance simplifies ANY problem." @bleyer.org / - R. Lucke
Reply by oliver.gold March 18, 20052005-03-18
Hi
Can anyone tell me how to get hold of the details of the JTAG COP (BDM
interface for Freescale PowerPC CPUs (especially MPC824x series)? I hav
the pinouts and IEEE1149.1 compliant stuff but I want to find out how t
use the software debug functions.

Same question for the IBM PowerPC range too .....

thx
og

-> This message was sent using the  web interface o
www.EmbeddedRelated.com <-