Reply by Hans June 17, 20052005-06-17
Hi,

You may want to have a look at the protocol-on-chip solution by Wizne
(see http://www.iinchip.com). The IIM7010A is a piggy-back modul
containing the W3100 processor with TCP/IP stack, and the physical 10/10
Ethernet interface plus RJ45 connector. It can be connected to the hos
AVR via TWI. This approach saves you a lot of headache, code space
development time and licensing questions.
Plus the achievable performance is far better compared to a software-onl
solution.
I used this module on our "AVR Playground" Experimental board (http:/
www.avrcard.com).

Regards,
Hans

www.EmbeddedRelated.com
Reply by Marek Garwolinski April 6, 20052005-04-06
you mean www.ethernut.de:)
Reply by Marek Garwolinski April 6, 20052005-04-06
> > www.ethernet.de open source hardware and software >
Thanks, i think it'll be ideal.
Reply by Alex Gibson April 6, 20052005-04-06
"Marek Garwolinski" <gxo@wirtualnapolska.pl> wrote in message
> Hello > > Anyone has used a TCP/IP on AVR?? > I'm planning to build a system consisting of ATMega128 + external SRAM + > RTL 8019. I'm thinking of use "uIP TCP/IP Stack". > It will be sending about 200-500 bytes of data to the server on TCP, doing > 8 A/C conversion, checking state of <=100 input datalines, and setting ~30 > datalines each second. > My question is: > What will be performance of that system? Will AVR runing at ~15Mhz be able > to do all this tasks? > > Any help will be appreciated > > Regards > Marek Garwolinski SQ4GXO
www.ethernet.de open source hardware and software
Reply by Marek Garwolinski April 5, 20052005-04-05
>>It will be sending about 200-500 bytes of data to the server on TCP, doing >>8 A/C conversion, > > > you mean by this?
i mean A/D not A/C - a language mistake, A/C is in polish if you have some interesting experiences or materials mail me: gxo at wp dot pl best regards Marek Garwolinski SQ4GXO
Reply by Repzak April 5, 20052005-04-05
> Anyone has used a TCP/IP on AVR??
Yes i think i have a lot stuff and code laying arround for that project
same here, i just didn't connect the sram,casued by error in chip select... fixed now... bot the project is cancled, due to another HC12 uC(only need transformer and RJ45 externaly) and FPGA http://rapzak.mine.nu (will do some debug on it today)
> It will be sending about 200-500 bytes of data to the server on TCP, doing > 8 A/C conversion,
you mean by this? checking state of <=100 input datalines, and
> setting ~30 datalines each second. > My question is:
> What will be performance of that system? Will AVR runing at ~15Mhz be able > to do all this tasks?
I think so:) i think i will be able to mailyou some different things if you prefer :) Regards Kasper