Reply by Wolfgang Mahringer April 12, 20052005-04-12
Hi Alex,

Aleksandr Baranov wrote:
> Hello, > I'm looking for 802.11 adapter for a single board computer to make it > attachable to wireless network. The adapter has to connect withs SBC through > Ethernet connection. > I have been using Linksys WAP11 before but they had proved to be unreliable > and a special guy had to go and occasionally reboot them through switching > power off/on.. I tried to migrate to Netgear but it seems not to have any > adapters except that with USB and PCI. Netgearr access points cannot work as > clients. > Google steers to the same "Linksys", "Belkin" etc > Can you advice something reliable and industrial?
I once used a thing called "client bridge" to connect a SBC to a network. It was a CB1000 from Symbol. http://www.symbol.com/products/wireless/cb1000.html Not very cheap, though :-( Works quite neatly, and the SBC only needs a standard LAN interface. HTH Wolfgang -- From-address is Spam trap Use: wolfgang (dot) mahringer (at) sbg (dot) at
Reply by jtp April 12, 20052005-04-12
"Aleksandr Baranov" <baranov@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<Awf6e.9602$Xm3.7088@trndny01>...
> Hello, > I'm looking for 802.11 adapter for a single board computer to make it > attachable to wireless network. The adapter has to connect withs SBC through > Ethernet connection. > I have been using Linksys WAP11 before but they had proved to be unreliable > and a special guy had to go and occasionally reboot them through switching > power off/on.. I tried to migrate to Netgear but it seems not to have any > adapters except that with USB and PCI. Netgearr access points cannot work as > clients. > Google steers to the same "Linksys", "Belkin" etc > Can you advice something reliable and industrial? > Thanks, Alex.
Look at Lantronix products www.lantronix.com
Reply by Aleksandr Baranov April 10, 20052005-04-10