Reply by Zonn April 26, 20052005-04-26
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:19:24 +0200, in msg <d4lpqo$uf9$03$1@news.t-online.com>,
"Antti Lukats" <antti@openchip.org> wrote:

>Hi Andy, > >if I am not mistaken that 'someone' (Walter) basically IS bytecraft ;) > >Antti >PS surprisingly I am also looking for small micro, >I have done my homework I think, but i am still unsure:. > >I need fastest MIPS from internal osc (or fastest software bitbang) >should be small case MLF11 or a maybe a little larger (MLF20/28/32) >Atmega8 can do 4MHz pulse @8MHz internal clock
The Atmel Attiny26 can be run at 16mhz using internal osc, and can do an 8MHz pulse. Check out the section in the datasheet, on running from the internal PLL. -Zonn -- Zonn Moore Remove the ".AOL" from the Zektor, LLC email address to reply. www.zektor.com
Reply by Antti Lukats April 26, 20052005-04-26
Hi Andy,

if I am not mistaken that 'someone' (Walter) basically IS bytecraft ;)

Antti
PS surprisingly I am also looking for small micro,
I have done my homework I think, but i am still unsure:.

I need fastest MIPS from internal osc (or fastest software bitbang)
should be small case MLF11 or a maybe a little larger (MLF20/28/32)
Atmega8 can do 4MHz pulse @8MHz internal clock
C8051F300 can do 6MHz pulse @24MHz

there should be something that goes faster!
my price wish is below 5USD in small quantity
and I do not want ubicom stuff.

"Andy" <stupid_chops@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Just to warn people, I got a message from someone called walter from > bytecraft, who basically tried to market his products under the guise > of being interested in the spreadsheet I mentioned. > > He mailed me saying he was interested in the speadsheet and then sent > me this drivel in reply: > > > Thanks. Every micoprocessor provider can show that "their"
[snip]
Reply by Andy April 22, 20052005-04-22
Just to warn people, I got a message from someone called walter from
bytecraft, who basically tried to market his products under the guise
of being interested in the spreadsheet I mentioned.

He mailed me saying he was interested in the speadsheet and then sent
me this drivel in reply:

> Thanks. Every micoprocessor provider can show that "their" > part is better faster less expensive than their competition. We > are interested in how the same processors stack up from a > customer perspective. > > You might find the following interesting. This was an commercial > application that was originally written for 6805 recompiled for a > number of processors. Code size and execution time has quite a > archetecture component. All of the compilers were based on a > common core with very similar optimization technology. All > of the compilers individually created code very similar to well > written had coded assembler. (within a few percent) > > C6808 C6805 C38 SONY COP8 MPC(44) > 3461 3587 3760 48E2 3F0C 4CAE > > C6808 > C6805 Freescale > C38 Mitsubishi MELPS 740 series > SONY C700 Yet another 6502 with "added features" > COP8 National Semi > MPC Microchip 16 bit core > > All of the code size is bytes > > These are not public numbers but they are interesting > > Many Thanks > > w..
I was like huh? Remind me how that relates to a 8-bit micro in SOIC case! What a cheapshot
Reply by Paul Marciano April 20, 20052005-04-20
hamilton wrote:
> WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ??
He probably expected to get responses from friendly, knowledgable people who weren't dicks. I don't understand your bad attitude. If you're not going to help the guy out, fine, but why attack him? I, on the other hand, can attack you... because you're an asshole (and a dick - go figure).
Reply by hamilton April 19, 20052005-04-19
Lets review:

Original message makes no indication who is writing the message.

Original message states, "I have no clue what I am doing".

Original message states, "I need help, because I am student, working on
my junior year project and I am too busy partying at the local whore
house to follow up on my homework".

Original message state, "I have to say something that will impress this
newsgroup, other wise I will not get a real answer" ( Hint: Quantity is
50k+) (50K+ a year would have vendors tripping over themselves to get
that order. THEY WOULD DO YOUR HOMEWORK !!!)

As Ian stated: "If you had said ......". ( I am sure you can find it. )

So the bottom line is: " What did you expect? "

I am sure you boss (or instructor) would say the same thing.

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT ??

hamilton

Dejan wrote:
> "hamilton" <hamilton@deminsional.com> wrote in message > news:36qdnf8WV_KhwvnfRVn-gw@forethought.net... > >>With all the micros available today. ( mot, micrchip, TI, atmel ) >> >>Why are you asking for someone else to do you the job your paid for ?? >> >>Each micro has its best points and its not so best points. >> >>Either give more information or do your own homework. >> >>Dejan wrote: >> >>>It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt >>>possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. >>>ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). >>>Quantity is 50k+ >>> >>>Any ideas? >>> >>>- Dejan >>> >>> > > > I did my homework, but I do know all the possible manufacturers in the > world, > so I wanted to hear what other people know...I have studied most common > types like ATTiny, Microchip, Philips LPC900 and Freescale, but there surely > are others which I do not know...I did not ask the people to write the code > for > me neither do do the search - I simply asked if anybody knows for a micro > that > fits the needs... > > And if I cannot ask the question on the newsgroup, why is it there for? > > - Dejan > >
Reply by Ian Bell April 19, 20052005-04-19
Dejan wrote:

> > And if I cannot ask the question on the newsgroup, why is it there for? >
If you had said you were looking for a micro with this sort of spec and had already found the following chips but wondered if there were any you had missed, then you might have got a better respose. The important thing is to ask the RIGHT QUESTION. Ian
Reply by Andy April 19, 20052005-04-19
Hi
I looked for something similar about a year ago and my shortlist ended up
with ST7Flite05Y0M6 and Freescale MC68HC908QT2CDW.
I chose the Flite in the end because it had plenty more io (13 io in a 16
pin SOIC package) and there is an upgrade path if you break the code size.
I got prices of about 50c for each one.

I have an excel sheet with all the micros and their features when I was
comparing them I can send you if you send a private message to: stupid_chops
a_t_yahoo_ dot -com
Andy

"Dejan" <noname@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt > possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. > ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). > Quantity is 50k+ > > Any ideas? > > - Dejan > >
Reply by Dejan April 19, 20052005-04-19
"hamilton" <hamilton@deminsional.com> wrote in message
> With all the micros available today. ( mot, micrchip, TI, atmel ) > > Why are you asking for someone else to do you the job your paid for ?? > > Each micro has its best points and its not so best points. > > Either give more information or do your own homework. > > Dejan wrote: > > It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt > > possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. > > ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). > > Quantity is 50k+ > > > > Any ideas? > > > > - Dejan > > > >
I did my homework, but I do know all the possible manufacturers in the world, so I wanted to hear what other people know...I have studied most common types like ATTiny, Microchip, Philips LPC900 and Freescale, but there surely are others which I do not know...I did not ask the people to write the code for me neither do do the search - I simply asked if anybody knows for a micro that fits the needs... And if I cannot ask the question on the newsgroup, why is it there for? - Dejan
Reply by Michael Lange April 19, 20052005-04-19
Michael Lange schrieb:

> Dejan schrieb: > >> It should have internal oscillator, 8-bit timer and external interrupt >> possibility and at least 1kb of code memory. 32 bytes of RAM are enough. >> ROM parts are not an option (FLASH, OTP, EEROM are OK). >> Quantity is 50k+ >> > > Michrochip: > 12F509 -> SSOP 8-118 (0,95 x 3,00 x 4,90 mm, Pitch 0,65 mm) > > 6 I/O, 1k word code FLASH, 41 RAM, 0 EEPROM cells >
PS: int. osc 4MHz - 1Mips