Reply by EventHelix.com April 21, 20052005-04-21
You can try EventStudio 2.5.

EventStudio will let you define data flows as sequence diagrams.

Poster size diagrams with a very large number of entities are
supported.

For more details, please visit:

http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio

Deepa

Reply by Cecil Hill April 19, 20052005-04-19
"David T. Ashley" <dashley@cequentgroup.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > > I'm reverse-engineering some embedded software that is best viewed as > processes that communicate via shared variables. > > I'm looking for a design tool that will do large data-flow diagrams (like, > plotter size), and will also capture state-machine logic. > > UML notation would be of interest, but not strictly necessary. > > Any recommendation or pros and cons? > > Thanks, Dave Ashley. > > >
Not sure about the print/plot-size, but check out www.rff.com -- Cecil Hill
Reply by April 19, 20052005-04-19
I use Microsoft Visio for this - the professional version supports UML
and flow diagrams (among many, many other stencils). Whether or not it
will choke on plotter sized diagrams depends on your machine.

You might also want to check Rational Rose... I used it 5 years ago
when Visio didn't support UML. It was funtional... but ugly.

Reply by GMM50 April 18, 20052005-04-18
Magic Draw from No Magic Inc.

Works for me.

Reply by David T. Ashley April 18, 20052005-04-18