Reply by Gary Peek May 19, 20052005-05-19
Gary Peek wrote:
> So I was looking through the DigiKey catalog to see how large a > serial EEPROM I could get, and found the Microchop 25LC1024, a > 128K by 8. I try to order one and was told "August". ??? Damn!
Thanks for the ideas folks, but I was not specific enough: DIP, nore specifically, 8 pin. (Yes, I know....) Gary Peek Industrologic, Inc.
Reply by Spehro Pefhany May 17, 20052005-05-17
On Tue, 17 May 2005 02:12:47 GMT, the renowned Michael
<NoSpam@att.net> wrote:

>Gary Peek wrote: >> >> So I was looking through the DigiKey catalog to see how large a >> serial EEPROM I could get, and found the Microchop 25LC1024, a >> 128K by 8. I try to order one and was told "August". ??? Damn! >> >> So then I try the similar Atmel part, with no luck, then the >> 32K by 8 chip from both manufacturers too. >> >> So who is sucking up all these parts? Or has DigiKey just jumped >> the gun putting them in their catalog and these chips are just >> not soup yet? >> >> Gary Peek >> Industrologic, Inc. > > >No 24LC256? That's strange. I got a dozen or so from DigiKey 3-4 months ago.
They have 38 part numbers of 256K-1M serial EEPROMS in stock, including over 10,000 24LC256-I/SN (SOIC-8) and 560 Atmel AT25P1024W1-10SI-2.7 (SOIC-20). The former is I2C, the latter SPI. I2C is still more popular than the faster SPI for SEEPROMs, and 24x parts are generally cheaper than 25x parts. Best regards, Spehro Pefhany -- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com
Reply by www.elitel.pl May 17, 20052005-05-17
Why don't you try DataFlash from Atmel. (AT45xxx)
they have got parts up to 64mbits on SPI.

Piotr
www.elitel.pl

Uzytkownik "Gary Peek" <mylastname@mycompanyname.com> napisal w wiadomosci
> So I was looking through the DigiKey catalog to see how large a > serial EEPROM I could get, and found the Microchop 25LC1024, a > 128K by 8. I try to order one and was told "August". ??? Damn! > > So then I try the similar Atmel part, with no luck, then the > 32K by 8 chip from both manufacturers too. > > So who is sucking up all these parts? Or has DigiKey just jumped > the gun putting them in their catalog and these chips are just > not soup yet? > > > Gary Peek > Industrologic, Inc. >
Reply by Reto Felix May 17, 20052005-05-17
Dear Gary Peek

> So I was looking through the DigiKey catalog to see how large a > serial EEPROM I could get, and found the Microchop 25LC1024, a > 128K by 8. I try to order one and was told "August". ??? Damn!
Have a look at http://www.saifun.com We've got 25x1024 in production. Reto Felix
Reply by Michael May 16, 20052005-05-16
Gary Peek wrote:
> > So I was looking through the DigiKey catalog to see how large a > serial EEPROM I could get, and found the Microchop 25LC1024, a > 128K by 8. I try to order one and was told "August". ??? Damn! > > So then I try the similar Atmel part, with no luck, then the > 32K by 8 chip from both manufacturers too. > > So who is sucking up all these parts? Or has DigiKey just jumped > the gun putting them in their catalog and these chips are just > not soup yet? > > Gary Peek > Industrologic, Inc.
No 24LC256? That's strange. I got a dozen or so from DigiKey 3-4 months ago.
Reply by Gary Peek May 16, 20052005-05-16