Reply by Jonathan July 29, 20052005-07-29
GS wrote:
> I would like to make Red hat Linux like Embedded Linux (Monta Vista/ > Timesys) and load onto PowerPc platform, Does anybody tried this. Also > How hard it is?. Thanks. >
The PeeWee Linux project has created an embedded Linux distro based on RedHat 6.2 (yes, 6.2!). The project's site is http://peeweelinux.com/. The project seems to have largely gone stale, although people are still using it. If you dig through the list archives, you can find instructions on updating to 2.4 kernels and stuff like that. good luck, Jonathan
Reply by Paul Taylor July 29, 20052005-07-29
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:43:59 -0700, GS wrote:

> I would like to make Red hat Linux like Embedded Linux (Monta Vista/ > Timesys) and load onto PowerPc platform, Does anybody tried this. Also > How hard it is?. Thanks.
There's a book, Building Embedded Linux Systems, that might help: www.embeddedtux.org -- Remove _rem_ before replying by email.
Reply by Norm Dresner July 28, 20052005-07-28
"GS" <globalswamy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to make Red hat Linux like Embedded Linux (Monta Vista/ > Timesys) and load onto PowerPc platform, Does anybody tried this. Also > How hard it is?. Thanks.
That depends on what you mean by "like Embedded Linux". It's not that hard to create a Linux system that will boot up and start an application program without any user being "logged" in by using the normal init.d script files. If that's all you want, you already have it. Norm
Reply by GS July 28, 20052005-07-28