Reply by Clifford Heath September 25, 20052005-09-25
mathtutoring@comcast.net wrote:
> I'll take any help that I can get.
I can't help with PCBUG11, I've never used it. But DB11 is a command-line equivalent that I wrote, which works on Unix, Linux, etc (hence *nix). Find the source code at <http://polyplex.org/cjh/electronics/db11.html>. Clifford Heath.
Reply by September 25, 20052005-09-25
Hi Clifford:

I'll take any help that I can get.

By the way, I'm running the HP Pavillion 523N AMD 2200.

When I reboot the PC, it sends a pulse on comm1 and sends the 68hc11
into the program that is in eeprom.  I can tell, as the last time I
worked with it on my old computer, I wrote a little program to pulse
an led on the board.  When I run PCBUG11A or other versions of
PCBUG11, I can't see a pulse with my logic probe, and I've gone into
the device manager and monkeyed around with the COMM 1 settings, baud
rate, you name it..Even though it is suppose to be "too fast" for
pcbug, it would seem to me that I would at least see a pulse when I
ran the program.

What is *nix-based DB11?  I'll take it...Could you give me a little
assistance with it?

Thanks,

Art

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:41:17 +1000, Clifford Heath
<no@spam.please.net> wrote:

>mathtutoring@comcast.net wrote: >> I've tried just about everything, and can't seem to patch pcbug to get >> it to work. >> Any other suggestions? > >My *nix-based DB11 might be an option for you. The Windows >port is incomplete, but if you need it, I can tell you where >to look - I did intend (and start) to port it. > >Clifford Heath.
Reply by Clifford Heath September 25, 20052005-09-25
mathtutoring@comcast.net wrote:
> I've tried just about everything, and can't seem to patch pcbug to get > it to work. > Any other suggestions?
My *nix-based DB11 might be an option for you. The Windows port is incomplete, but if you need it, I can tell you where to look - I did intend (and start) to port it. Clifford Heath.
Reply by September 25, 20052005-09-25
I've tried just about everything, and can't seem to patch pcbug to get
it to work.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks much,

Art

On 22 Sep 2005 08:59:49 GMT, Hans-Bernhard Broeker
<broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

>mathtutoring@comcast.net wrote: >> I'm getting a runtime error while using PCBUG11A: > >> Runtime error 200 at 20FF:0091 > >Congratulations, your latest PC is now too fast for this ancient >program written in Borland/Turbo Pascal. Google for "runtime error >200 delay bug" will tell you the rest of this story, and point to >solutions.
Reply by ??? September 24, 20052005-09-24
I would recomend giving noice11 a go.

It will cost you, but unless you are running plain MSDOS it is a pain
to do RS-232 with windows.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:16:58 -0400, mathtutoring@comcast.net wrote:

>Downloaded a couple patch files from the sites, but still wouldn't >work. >I saw a post that someone mentioned disabling CPU cache, but I can't >seem to do that through my HP 523n bios. > >Any other thoughts? > >Thanks, > >Art
Reply by September 22, 20052005-09-22
Downloaded a couple patch files from the sites, but still wouldn't
work.
I saw a post that someone mentioned disabling CPU cache, but I can't
seem to do that through my HP 523n bios.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Art
Reply by Hans-Bernhard Broeker September 22, 20052005-09-22
mathtutoring@comcast.net wrote:
> I'm getting a runtime error while using PCBUG11A:
> Runtime error 200 at 20FF:0091
Congratulations, your latest PC is now too fast for this ancient program written in Borland/Turbo Pascal. Google for "runtime error 200 delay bug" will tell you the rest of this story, and point to solutions. -- Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de) Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.
Reply by September 21, 20052005-09-21
I'm getting a runtime error while using PCBUG11A:

Runtime error 200 at 20FF:0091

Thanks for the help,

Art
Reply by September 21, 20052005-09-21
I downloaded PCBUG11A and still can't get the thing to start.

When I put the logic probe on TX and RX on my DB-9 cable, it pulses
(without the cable being connected to the 68hc11 board).

What I touch the reset button on the board, TXD pulses from high to
low to high. RX does not change.
This is frustrating, as I had the board working before with the same
PC.  I just forgot what I did to get it working.

Any ideas?  What should I follow PCBUG11A with to download the correct
talker  for the 68hc11A1FN?
What baud rate, parity, stop bits, and control should I have this set
to?  The comm ship on the board is a SIPEX 232ACP.  That and the
processor are about the only thing on the board.  I've checked the
power supply.  It's 5.08 at the processor.
Thanks for the help,

Art
Reply by September 20, 20052005-09-20
Hi to all:

I'm just getting back into this stuff.  I built and got working a
68HC11 board.  I have two processors:  a 68hc11A1FN and the 68HC11E2F