Reply by Don McKenzie October 16, 20052005-10-16
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

>>do you mean digikey Kelly, or is it another company? >>webpage if not digikey? >> >>Don...
> An entirely different company-- Digi International. > http://www.eetuk.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=163701588 > http://www.digi.com > http://www.digi.com/news/pressrelease.jsp?prid=194 > Best regards, > Spehro Pefhany
AHA! Thanks Spehro, I couldn't see digikey aquiring them. This is a very different proposition, and no doubt the reason they have been lacking in communications recently. Don... -- Don McKenzie E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics Micro,TTL,USB to 1.5" color LCD http://www.dontronics.com/micro-lcd.html USB,RS232 or TTL to VGA Monitor http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html World's smallest USB 2 TTL Conv http://www.dontronics.com/micro-usb.html
Reply by Spehro Pefhany October 16, 20052005-10-16
On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:02:47 +1000, the renowned Don McKenzie
<look@mysig.com> wrote:

>Kelly Hall wrote: > >> Don McKenzie wrote: >> >>> They ignored my emails, and I had to ring them from Australia before I >>> was able to get any sense out of them, and then I didn't get a >>> reasonable response. >> >> >> DIGI acquired ZWorld/Rabbit back in June. While DIGI puts new execs and >> managers in place I assume there will be some rough patches. >> >> Kelly > >do you mean digikey Kelly, or is it another company? >webpage if not digikey? > >Don...
An entirely different company-- Digi International. http://www.eetuk.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=163701588 http://www.digi.com http://www.digi.com/news/pressrelease.jsp?prid=194 Best regards, Spehro Pefhany -- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com
Reply by Hopkins October 15, 20052005-10-15
http://www.digikey.com/

"Don McKenzie" <look@mysig.com> wrote in message
> Kelly Hall wrote: > > > Don McKenzie wrote: > > > >> They ignored my emails, and I had to ring them from Australia before I > >> was able to get any sense out of them, and then I didn't get a > >> reasonable response. > > > > > > DIGI acquired ZWorld/Rabbit back in June. While DIGI puts new execs and > > managers in place I assume there will be some rough patches. > > > > Kelly > > do you mean digikey Kelly, or is it another company? > webpage if not digikey? > > Don... > > > -- > Don McKenzie > E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics > > Micro,TTL,USB to 1.5" color LCD http://www.dontronics.com/micro-lcd.html > USB,RS232 or TTL to VGA Monitor http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html > World's smallest USB 2 TTL Conv http://www.dontronics.com/micro-usb.html
Reply by Don McKenzie October 15, 20052005-10-15
Kelly Hall wrote:

> Don McKenzie wrote: > >> They ignored my emails, and I had to ring them from Australia before I >> was able to get any sense out of them, and then I didn't get a >> reasonable response. > > > DIGI acquired ZWorld/Rabbit back in June. While DIGI puts new execs and > managers in place I assume there will be some rough patches. > > Kelly
do you mean digikey Kelly, or is it another company? webpage if not digikey? Don... -- Don McKenzie E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics Micro,TTL,USB to 1.5" color LCD http://www.dontronics.com/micro-lcd.html USB,RS232 or TTL to VGA Monitor http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html World's smallest USB 2 TTL Conv http://www.dontronics.com/micro-usb.html
Reply by Ken Scharf October 15, 20052005-10-15
Fred wrote:
> "Richard H." <rh86@no.spam> wrote in message > news:Oz01f.1152$MN6.584@fed1read04... > >>Rich Webb wrote: >> >>>For one data point, I ordered (via the ZWorld website) and received one >>>of their Rabbit+Ethernet dev boards. >>> >>>Although the packaging was in good shape, the wall wart inside the box >>>wasn't secured very well and it bounced around enough to knock one of >>>the surface mount electrolytics off of the power section. >> >> >>Curious. I had a similar failure with them. The power pack bounced >>around enough in shipping (with no padding around it) that it smashed the >>power connector on its cable. >> >>4 years later, you'd think they would have learned by now. >> >>Richard > > > Just ordered the parts through DigiKey. At half the price! And free > shipping. > >
Digikey rocks! Can't think of a better supplier.
Reply by Kelly Hall October 12, 20052005-10-12
Don McKenzie wrote:
> They ignored my emails, and I had to ring them from Australia before I > was able to get any sense out of them, and then I didn't get a > reasonable response.
DIGI acquired ZWorld/Rabbit back in June. While DIGI puts new execs and managers in place I assume there will be some rough patches. Kelly
Reply by Fred October 11, 20052005-10-11
"Richard H." <rh86@no.spam> wrote in message
> Rich Webb wrote: >> For one data point, I ordered (via the ZWorld website) and received one >> of their Rabbit+Ethernet dev boards. >> >> Although the packaging was in good shape, the wall wart inside the box >> wasn't secured very well and it bounced around enough to knock one of >> the surface mount electrolytics off of the power section. > > > Curious. I had a similar failure with them. The power pack bounced > around enough in shipping (with no padding around it) that it smashed the > power connector on its cable. > > 4 years later, you'd think they would have learned by now. > > Richard
Just ordered the parts through DigiKey. At half the price! And free shipping.
Reply by Don McKenzie October 8, 20052005-10-08
Fred wrote:
> Sorry for any confusion. However when I made an online order it was > cancelled without any communication. I made another order and it was > cancelled again, this time referring me to a local distributor who doesn't > have any in stock. I had already ascertained this before ordering online. > > I then reorder on-line on the 5th for 1-2 day overseas delivery. On this > occasion I sent them an email as well. However 3 days later it's still > "waiting to be processed". I have never come across such an outfit before. > > Hence I was wondering if my experiences were unique. It seems they're not. > Thankfully my current project uses an alternative processor.
They ignored my emails, and I had to ring them from Australia before I was able to get any sense out of them, and then I didn't get a reasonable response. They have lost the art of communication. Glad you were able to use an alternative. Don... -- Don McKenzie E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics Micro,TTL,USB to 1.5" color LCD http://www.dontronics.com/micro-lcd.html USB,RS232 or TTL to VGA Monitor http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html World's smallest USB 2 TTL Conv http://www.dontronics.com/micro-usb.html
Reply by Fred October 8, 20052005-10-08
"Markus Zingg" <m.zingg@nct.ch> wrote in message
> >Has anyone else tried buying these online through the Rabbitsemi >>website>zworld for the order to be cancelled without any warning? >> > > Fred > > Your question is confusing (to me). Are you asking about general > experience with Rabbitsemis online shop or wether they are canceling > orders without informing you ?? > > Anyways, so far my experiences with them were positive. I also found > them to be kind and responsive on the phone. Maybe something went > wrong and a simple phone call could clear things up? > > Markus
Sorry for any confusion. However when I made an online order it was cancelled without any communication. I made another order and it was cancelled again, this time referring me to a local distributor who doesn't have any in stock. I had already ascertained this before ordering online. I then reorder on-line on the 5th for 1-2 day overseas delivery. On this occasion I sent them an email as well. However 3 days later it's still "waiting to be processed". I have never come across such an outfit before. Hence I was wondering if my experiences were unique. It seems they're not. Thankfully my current project uses an alternative processor.
Reply by Richard H. October 6, 20052005-10-06