Reply by Jan Homuth November 10, 20052005-11-10
goole for "uip".

get it.
Analyze it.
Draw your conclusions.

Modify it.
Run it.
Don't forget to put an 8051 user's manual on your desktop too - and get a
good C compiler.

Also have a look at ibm.com - reddbook -TCP/IP. It is a great documentation.
Plenty of food to read through seveal nights...

And then: Start learning.

No one here will do the work for you.
That is your job.

... and:
pls no abbrevs.
That is not necessary in this forum. After all it is not SMS.

grtnx
/janh

"mit" <oswal.mitesh@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> As i am an last year student of ME stream I am doing my Final Year > project in Embedded system As ur company also work on same domain with > full of knowledge, I also needed that Guideline for my project,as ur > also work on this i need ur help and guidence. > and also any one can forward me the source code and simulator with > minimum cost > > > i go through some white paper thats said about how we can implement the > 8051 as an internet > so i decided to implement an TCP/IP for this but i am not get proper > guidence for same , > > its my final year and i have only 2 more month in my hand so pls if u > have any implemented source code > then pls forward me >
Reply by Grant Edwards November 9, 20052005-11-09
On 2005-11-09, Tauno Voipio <tauno.voipio@INVALIDiki.fi> wrote:

>> I think he's supposed to impliment TCP/IP on an 8051 as a >> school project. He's got two months left to do it, has no >> idea how, and wants somebody to send give him code. > > Methinks that two months to squeeze even a tiny working > subset of TCP/IP to an 8051 is quite mariginal time.
I think it's pretty much out of the question unless he's got a fair bit of experience with TCP/IP and a lot of experience with the 8051.
> It took more to make TCP/IP work with an ARM, and a 32 bit > processor is plenty easier for TCP/IP than a rudimentary 8 bit > thing without a multi-thread kernel and without decent indexed > addressing.
For a two month school project, getting porting an off-the-shelf RTOS and TCP/IP stack to a new board with an already supported architecture is more realistic. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! HELLO, little boys! at Gimme a MINT TULIP!! Let's visi.com do the BOSSA NOVA!!
Reply by Tauno Voipio November 9, 20052005-11-09
Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2005-11-09, Noway2 <no_spam_me2@hotmail.com> wrote: > > >>huh? > > > :) > > I think he's supposed to impliment TCP/IP on an 8051 as a > school project. He's got two months left to do it, has no idea > how, and wants somebody to send give him code.
Methinks that two months to squeeze even a tiny working subset of TCP/IP to an 8051 is quite mariginal time. It took more to make TCP/IP work with an ARM, and a 32 bit processor is plenty easier for TCP/IP than a rudimentary 8 bit thing without a multi-thread kernel and without decent indexed addressing. -- Tauno Voipio tauno voipio (at) iki fi
Reply by Simon Clubley November 9, 20052005-11-09
As near as I can tell, it looks like he's asking us to do his final year project for him. Simon. -- Simon Clubley, clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP Microsoft: The Standard Oil Company of the 21st century
On 2005-11-09, Noway2 <no_spam_me2@hotmail.com> wrote:

> huh?
:) I think he's supposed to impliment TCP/IP on an 8051 as a school project. He's got two months left to do it, has no idea how, and wants somebody to send give him code. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! You must be a CUB at SCOUT!! Have you made your visi.com MONEY-DROP today??
Reply by Noway2 November 9, 20052005-11-09
huh?

Reply by mit November 9, 20052005-11-09