Reply by Anton Erasmus December 18, 20052005-12-18
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:46:02 +0000, Guy Macon
<http://www.guymacon.com/> wrote:

> [...]
Yes, And the grid is not slightly different every time one reloads the document after the app had been exited and restarted -- the way it happens in Visio. You can download a fully functional demo to evaluate before you buy. Regards Anton Erasmus
Reply by Guy Macon December 17, 20052005-12-17

Anton Erasmus wrote:

>If you want something like Visio, rather use SmartDraw. >http://www.smartdraw.com >It can do everything that visio can do (Even load/save visio format), >and is a hell of a lot cheaper than Visio. The full version with all >libraries goes for US$99.
Can it be set up to snap symbols and lines to a grid? -- Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com/>
Reply by Anton Erasmus December 5, 20052005-12-05
On 2 Dec 2005 01:26:32 -0800, "Telenochek" <interpasha@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I think Microsoft Visio is pretty good. >I had a bit of trouble with it when starting, but now that I have my >"Favorites" shapes all organized, its a breeze. > >I don't know how good Visio is for large and complicated flowcharts, >but for simple flowcharts its really good and fast. I stopped using >paper and pensil, because an error causes you to redraw the flowchart >which wastes time. > >In addition it has the usual Microsoft look to it and can export/import >in many standard formats.
If you want something like Visio, rather use SmartDraw. http://www.smartdraw.com It can do everything that visio can do (Even load/save visio format), and is a hell of a lot cheaper than Visio. The full version with all libraries goes for US$99. Regards Anton Erasmus
Reply by Mark McDougall December 4, 20052005-12-04
Scott Kelley wrote:

> Opinions about flow charting software???
Didn't flowcharts go out in the 80's??? That was the last time I used one - for a uni assignment... Regards, Mark
Reply by Oliver Betz December 4, 20052005-12-04
"Scott Kelley" <scottk@iccom.com> schrieb:

>Opinions about flow charting software???
graphviz dot, can be used by doxygen. Oliver -- Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)
Reply by diggerdo December 2, 20052005-12-02
"Scott Kelley" <scottk@iccom.com> wrote in message
> Opinions about flow charting software??? > > I have tried flow chart software in the past, but it wasn't very easy to > use. Anything out there now that is as easy as paper & pencil?
Edge Diagrammer is alot more user friendly than Visio for flowcharting.
Reply by Stef Mientki December 2, 20052005-12-02
Freeware: look for DIA, available on all platforms, or my favourite Diagram Designer http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/ I used the latter one to experiment with codegeneration (for JAL, Delphi, PICbsc) from finite state machines. So maybe one day that'll added to Diagram Designer. Stef Mientki
larwe wrote:
>>Opinions about flow charting software??? > > > My opinion: it sucks.
ever used flowcharting software that generates the code for you ? Stef
Reply by Dave Hansen December 2, 20052005-12-02
On 2 Dec 2005 06:47:45 -0800 in comp.arch.embedded, "larwe"
<zwsdotcom@gmail.com> wrote:

> >Steve at fivetrees wrote: > >> I switched to using pseudo-code, i.e. a generalised structured language. > >Flowcharts work better (for me) when illustrating complicated nested >loops. > >It doesn't really matter, either one is just a logical aid in designing >software.
FWIW, I find Nassi-Schneiderman diagrams much clearer than flowcharts for such purposes, and they help prevent you from making most of the mistakes flowcharts allow. Google's first hit (http://users.evitech.fi/~jaanah/IntroC/DBeech/3gl_nassi.htm) does a pretty good job describing them. Regards, -=Dave -- Change is inevitable, progress is not.
Reply by Ken Asbury December 2, 20052005-12-02
Scott Kelley wrote:
> Opinions about flow charting software??? > > I have tried flow chart software in the past, but it wasn't very easy to > use. Anything out there now that is as easy as paper & pencil? > > Thx > Scott Kelley
I do a lot of contract maintenance and use Visio when I'm learning new code. I especially like that I can insert links to other pages/files of related Visio pages and files as well as to other reference documents. New code? Pseudocode. Ken Asbury