Reply by Alex Vinokur December 16, 20052005-12-16
"Alex Vinokur" <alexvn@go.to> wrote in message news:43a3165b$0$29089$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere.com...
[snip]
Of course, a question mark is missing here:
> Is there some documentation describing the meaning and use of all these sections: for various BSPs and Simulators.
So: Is there some documentation describing the meaning and use of all these sections: for various BSPs and Simulators? [snip] -- Alex Vinokur email: alex DOT vinokur AT gmail DOT com http://mathforum.org/library/view/10978.html http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn
Reply by Alex Vinokur December 16, 20052005-12-16
------------------
INTEGRITY RTOS
Green Hills C++ Compiler
PowerPC embedded system
------------------

INTEGRITY RTOS contains default linker directives files for various BSPs and Simulator isimppc.
Those files are used to build an INTEGRITY applications.
There are three sorts of linker directives files:
* for Dynamic Downloadable applications (virtual AddressSpaces) , default linker directives file - INTEGRITY.ld;
* for Kernel RAM applications (KernelSpace in RAM), default linker directives file - default.ld;
* for Kernel ROM/Flash applications (KernelSpace in ROM/Flash), default linker directives file - flash.ld;

Linker directives files have comments which describe
* the various sections in the map
   and
* recommendations how to specify various sections to change behavior of the applications (increasing, decreasing sizes; placement of
kernel in RAM, ROM, Flash; etc).

But to customize (create a new) linker directives file I need more information of its sections (how they affect an application
behavior; what must not do with them; etc).

Is there some documentation describing the meaning and use of all these sections: for various BSPs and Simulators.

--
 Alex Vinokur
     http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn