Reply by jyaron January 24, 20062006-01-24
http://www.talkaboutelectronicequipment.com/group/comp.arch.embedded/messages/203742.html

Reply by Jim January 9, 20062006-01-09
Try this link
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=310&osCsid=7a75cc1b0afb5a2a3ddcfd76f65ec2b4

"Jim" <tech@picmodules.com> wrote in message
Reply by Jim January 9, 20062006-01-09
> > Should have done this before I posted my question, but I searched the CAE > archives and found pretty much all positive comments on the FTDI parts and > on their technical support. Comments still welcome, though. > > Rob
Have you also considered the Silicon labs CP2102 etc.. Although I haven't used these parts myself I've heard quite a few times that it is a better part (hopefully someone else can shed some light on why it may be a better part). Take a look at sparkfun, they seem to like it as well :-) (www.sparkfun.com) Jim www.picmodules.com
Reply by RobJ January 8, 20062006-01-08