Reply by Antti Keskinen February 3, 20062006-02-03
Hey again !

To independently set something in the MSP430F155, it seems you need to use
the JTAG interface. Since you're debugging, I can only assume you have a
JTAG connection set up with the device already and the IAR environment is
monitoring this interface somehow. Have a look at the following document:

http://focus.ti.com/lit/an/slaa149a/slaa149a.pdf

In it, chapter 3.3 on page 18 explains how to read and write to non-FLASH
locations on the chip using the JTAG connectivity. If this is not viable for
you, then the next best solution I can think of is to write a debug routine
into the I2C master chip which writes the desired debug data into the
MSP430.

Hope this helps.

- Antti Keskinen

"Narottam" <narsingh21@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >"Narottam" <narsingh21@gmail.com> wrote in message >>news:A8ednY4hl5MyUnzeRVn-pw@giganews.com... >>> Hello All, >>> >>> I am using IAR C/C++ compiler for MSP430. In the project I am sending >>> some data through MSP430 to another chip through I2C.I have made > MSP430 >>> as slave. While debugging I want to change manually the contains of > I2CRB >>> through register window,but its not allowing me to do,again the > contains >>> will come to its default value. I found in the header file supplied > with >>> the IAR package of MSP430,they made I2CRB as READ_ONLY. >>> Is there any reason to do so? If not then how can I change the > contains >>> of I2CRB register while debugging? >>> >>> Thanks in advance. >>> >> >>Please be more specific. What is the chip you're using. MSP430 is a group > of >>microcontrollers from Texas Instruments, and not all of them have a I2C >>interface. Some have a software I2C through SPI/UART, some have a > hardware >>I2C. >> >>State the precise chip name and perhaps we can help you more. >> >>Regards, >>Antti Keskinen >> >> >> > > I am using msp430F155. >
Reply by Narottam February 3, 20062006-02-03
>"Narottam" <narsingh21@gmail.com> wrote in message >news:A8ednY4hl5MyUnzeRVn-pw@giganews.com... >> Hello All, >> >> I am using IAR C/C++ compiler for MSP430. In the project I am sending >> some data through MSP430 to another chip through I2C.I have made
MSP430
>> as slave. While debugging I want to change manually the contains of
I2CRB
>> through register window,but its not allowing me to do,again the
contains
>> will come to its default value. I found in the header file supplied
with
>> the IAR package of MSP430,they made I2CRB as READ_ONLY. >> Is there any reason to do so? If not then how can I change the
contains
>> of I2CRB register while debugging? >> >> Thanks in advance. >> > >Please be more specific. What is the chip you're using. MSP430 is a group
of
>microcontrollers from Texas Instruments, and not all of them have a I2C >interface. Some have a software I2C through SPI/UART, some have a
hardware
>I2C. > >State the precise chip name and perhaps we can help you more. > >Regards, >Antti Keskinen > > >
I am using msp430F155.
Reply by Antti Keskinen February 2, 20062006-02-02
"Narottam" <narsingh21@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All, > > I am using IAR C/C++ compiler for MSP430. In the project I am sending > some data through MSP430 to another chip through I2C.I have made MSP430 > as slave. While debugging I want to change manually the contains of I2CRB > through register window,but its not allowing me to do,again the contains > will come to its default value. I found in the header file supplied with > the IAR package of MSP430,they made I2CRB as READ_ONLY. > Is there any reason to do so? If not then how can I change the contains > of I2CRB register while debugging? > > Thanks in advance. >
Please be more specific. What is the chip you're using. MSP430 is a group of microcontrollers from Texas Instruments, and not all of them have a I2C interface. Some have a software I2C through SPI/UART, some have a hardware I2C. State the precise chip name and perhaps we can help you more. Regards, Antti Keskinen
Reply by Narottam February 2, 20062006-02-02