Reply by Meindert Sprang March 20, 20062006-03-20
"andrew queisser" <andrewdotqueisser@hp.com> wrote in message
> "Roland Zitzke" <NZEONTQYRAHL@spammotel.com> wrote in message > news:441942b3_1@news.ecore.net... > > Hi, > > I am searching for a module which provides an encapsulated bluetooth > > interface - the connection doesn't really matter but a serial interface > > would be fine. > > LMX9820A from National, serial port up to 921.6K. Easy to use, list $17.30 > for 1K quantity.
And don't forget the certification costs! Meindert
Reply by andrew queisser March 20, 20062006-03-20
"Roland Zitzke" <NZEONTQYRAHL@spammotel.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > I am searching for a module which provides an encapsulated bluetooth > interface - the connection doesn't really matter but a serial interface > would be fine.
LMX9820A from National, serial port up to 921.6K. Easy to use, list $17.30 for 1K quantity. Andrew
Reply by Tom Lucas March 20, 20062006-03-20
"Roland Zitzke" <NZEONTQYRAHL@spammotel.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > I am searching for a module which provides an encapsulated bluetooth > interface - the connection doesn't really matter but a serial interface > would be fine. > The goal is not to have to mess with bluetooth certification, stack > development, antenna issues etc. > It will be a low bandwidth application, no audio or anything that requires > high data rates. > I'm talking higher quantities (several 10k) but the price is critical. > Any suggestions? > > Thanks and regards > Roland >
I'd looked into KC WireFree bluetooth devices and they were fairly cheap and had a good number of solutions. Sequoia are the distributers in the UK, don't know for outside.
Reply by Meindert Sprang March 16, 20062006-03-16
"Roland Zitzke" <NZEONTQYRAHL@spammotel.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > I am searching for a module which provides an encapsulated bluetooth > interface - the connection doesn't really matter but a serial interface > would be fine. > The goal is not to have to mess with bluetooth certification, stack > development, antenna issues etc. > It will be a low bandwidth application, no audio or anything that requires > high data rates. > I'm talking higher quantities (several 10k) but the price is critical. > Any suggestions?
I'd look into Ezurio (former TDK). Don't know if it is low cost enough but the for 10k the price should be able to reach the 30 euro mark. I'd call them direct and try to bypass the distributor for that amount. These modules have an AT command set on a serial port and are quite fun to work with. They are completely certified as end product so you don't have the hassles of certification and approvals. Every module comes with an extra sticker with all the CE/FCC etc. registration info and sticking this on the outside of your device makes it legal in one swift movement. Meindert
Reply by Roland Zitzke March 16, 20062006-03-16