Reply by May 12, 20062006-05-12
Mr. Magnus Nilsson tell me to  modify the AT91RM9200-BasicUSB(CDC
class) sample to Mass Storage Device class is1) Modify the USB
descriptors ;
 2) Implement the device specific commands (Inquiry,test unit ready,
read, write etc).
    I have modified the device descriptors,now the host PC can find the
new hardware(USB Mass Storage Device found in the "Device manager
window",but when i plug in the device at first time, the "Found New
Hardware Wizard" dialog box doesn't appear with the subheading "Install
Hardware Device Drivers".why?) However,it does not work later. I don't
know how to implement displaying "removable disk" in the "My computer"
window. How to  handle  MSD-class-specific commands: RESET and
GETMAXLUN.? anyone has this implementation sample code?
   Who has the executable file AT91RM9200-DK_USB_MSD.bin(Just like
AT91SAM7S256_USB_MSD.bin or AT91SAM7S128_USB_MSD.bin--downloaded from
www.at91.com)?

Kind Regards/Bill

linnix wrote:
> Ulf Samuelsson wrote: > > linnix wrote: > > > Ulf Samuelsson wrote: > > >> "oklm" <oklm803@126.com> skrev i meddelandet > > >> news:Ae2dnScmi4GMgs3ZRVn-pw@giganews.com... > > >>> Hi,Members! > > >>> I am looking for source code that will allow an embedded device > > >>> to look like an USB mass storage device when inserted into a host > > >>> PC. The embedded device has an ARM core, the CPU in particular is > > >>> an Atmel AT91RM9200, and will be using embedded Linux as its OS. > > >>> Anyone give me some advices about how can i modify the example > > >>> AT91RM9200-BasicUSB(CDC class) to Mass Storage Device class or > > >>> provide this source code!? > > >> > > >> I think Linux 2.6.xx already has USB Mass Storage Code inside. > > > > > > same as 2.4 and 2.2, but that's for the host side. > > > > > > > 2.6 has client side as well > > Yes for USB, no for ATA. You still need an ATA emulation layer as Mass > Storage device. > > > > > > > > For the device, the easiest way is to use an USB-ATA bridge such as > > > TI's TUSB6250. > > > > -- > > Best Regards, > > Ulf Samuelsson > > ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com > > This message is intended to be my own personal view and it > > may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by linnix April 29, 20062006-04-29
Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> linnix wrote: > > Ulf Samuelsson wrote: > >> "oklm" <oklm803@126.com> skrev i meddelandet > >> news:Ae2dnScmi4GMgs3ZRVn-pw@giganews.com... > >>> Hi,Members! > >>> I am looking for source code that will allow an embedded device > >>> to look like an USB mass storage device when inserted into a host > >>> PC. The embedded device has an ARM core, the CPU in particular is > >>> an Atmel AT91RM9200, and will be using embedded Linux as its OS. > >>> Anyone give me some advices about how can i modify the example > >>> AT91RM9200-BasicUSB(CDC class) to Mass Storage Device class or > >>> provide this source code!? > >> > >> I think Linux 2.6.xx already has USB Mass Storage Code inside. > > > > same as 2.4 and 2.2, but that's for the host side. > > > > 2.6 has client side as well
Yes for USB, no for ATA. You still need an ATA emulation layer as Mass Storage device.
Reply by Ulf Samuelsson April 29, 20062006-04-29
Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> "oklm" <oklm803@126.com> skrev i meddelandet > news:Ae2dnScmi4GMgs3ZRVn-pw@giganews.com... > > Hi,Members! > > I am looking for source code that will allow an embedded device to look > > like an USB mass storage device when inserted into a host PC. The embedded > > device has an ARM core, the CPU in particular is an Atmel AT91RM9200, and > > will be using embedded Linux as its OS. > > Anyone give me some advices about how can i modify the example > > AT91RM9200-BasicUSB(CDC class) to Mass Storage Device class or provide > > this source code!? > > I think Linux 2.6.xx already has USB Mass Storage Code inside.
same as 2.4 and 2.2, but that's for the host side. For the device, the easiest way is to use an USB-ATA bridge such as TI's TUSB6250.
Reply by Ulf Samuelsson April 28, 20062006-04-28
"oklm" <oklm803@126.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi,Members! > I am looking for source code that will allow an embedded device to look > like an USB mass storage device when inserted into a host PC. The embedded > device has an ARM core, the CPU in particular is an Atmel AT91RM9200, and > will be using embedded Linux as its OS. > Anyone give me some advices about how can i modify the example > AT91RM9200-BasicUSB(CDC class) to Mass Storage Device class or provide > this source code!?
I think Linux 2.6.xx already has USB Mass Storage Code inside. You just have to make sure that you add this configuration when you "make xconfig" If you are looking to run USB Mass Storage in U-Boot, then it is probably better to get the USB Mass Storage Code from www.at91.com. This is ported tot he SAM7, but the USB block is more or less the same. I have heard some people never got the code, so you may also want to contact a local Atmel representative.
> Thanks! > > Best Regards > > contact: oklm803@gmail.com
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may bot be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
oklm wrote:
>> oklm wrote: >>> Hi,Members! >>> I am looking for source code that will allow an embedded device >>> to look like an USB mass storage device when inserted into a host >>> PC. The embedded device has an ARM core, the CPU in particular is an >>> Atmel AT91RM9200, and will be using embedded Linux as its OS. >>> Anyone give me some advices about how can i modify the example >>> AT91RM9200-BasicUSB(CDC class) to Mass Storage Device class or >>> provide this source code!? >>> Thanks! >>> >> >> AT91 Linux 2.6.xx has support for USB Mass Storage Device. >> If you want it in U-boot, then you can take the MSD from >> www.at91.com. This is written for the SAM7 chips, but should need >> minimal work to get running. >> >> >> >>> Best Regards >>> >>> contact: oklm803@gmail.com >> >> -- >> Best Regards, >> Ulf Samuelsson >> ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com >> This message is intended to be my own personal view and it >> may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB >> >> >> > > Hello, Samuelsson > Thank you for your answers, but how can i get the MSD from > www.at91.com, I've just found a demo file mass_storage.exe at > www.at91.com! can you give me details,Please! Thank you! > > Best Regards!
Probably a self extracting archive. Didnt try myself Here is a registration form which hsould get you what you want otherwise http://www.at91.com/Pages/registration/wwwatmel/legal_terms.html -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by oklm April 28, 20062006-04-28
>oklm wrote: >> Hi,Members! >> I am looking for source code that will allow an embedded device to >> look like an USB mass storage device when inserted into a host PC. >> The embedded device has an ARM core, the CPU in particular is an >> Atmel AT91RM9200, and will be using embedded Linux as its OS. >> Anyone give me some advices about how can i modify the example >> AT91RM9200-BasicUSB(CDC class) to Mass Storage Device class or provide >> this source code!? >> Thanks! >> > >AT91 Linux 2.6.xx has support for USB Mass Storage Device. >If you want it in U-boot, then you can take the MSD from www.at91.com. >This is written for the SAM7 chips, but should need minimal work to get >running. > > > >> Best Regards >> >> contact: oklm803@gmail.com > >-- >Best Regards, >Ulf Samuelsson >ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com >This message is intended to be my own personal view and it >may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB > > >
Hello, Samuelsson Thank you for your answers, but how can i get the MSD from www.at91.com, I've just found a demo file mass_storage.exe at www.at91.com! can you give me details,Please! Thank you! Best Regards!
Reply by Ulf Samuelsson April 27, 20062006-04-27
oklm wrote:
> Hi,Members! > I am looking for source code that will allow an embedded device to > look like an USB mass storage device when inserted into a host PC. > The embedded device has an ARM core, the CPU in particular is an > Atmel AT91RM9200, and will be using embedded Linux as its OS. > Anyone give me some advices about how can i modify the example > AT91RM9200-BasicUSB(CDC class) to Mass Storage Device class or provide > this source code!? > Thanks! >
AT91 Linux 2.6.xx has support for USB Mass Storage Device. If you want it in U-boot, then you can take the MSD from www.at91.com. This is written for the SAM7 chips, but should need minimal work to get running.
> Best Regards > > contact: oklm803@gmail.com
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by oklm April 26, 20062006-04-26