Reply by May 16, 20062006-05-16
nappy wrote:
<snip>
> > The docs for doing this are on the Cypress Website.. >
There's a tutorial, and several demo apps there also.
Reply by nappy May 16, 20062006-05-16
You will need to load in the Keil Assembler output Intel Hex file.

Reset the FX2's 8051 like this:
        ResetUSB8051(TRUE);

bool CUSBFirm::ResetUSB8051(UCHAR reset)
CCyControlEndPoint  *ctrlEpt = m_pFX2Device->ControlEndPt;

 ctrlEpt->Target    = TGT_DEVICE;
 ctrlEpt->ReqType   = REQ_VENDOR;
 ctrlEpt->Direction = DIR_TO_DEVICE;
 ctrlEpt->ReqCode   = 0xA0;  //ANCHOR_DOWNLOAD
 ctrlEpt->Value     = 0xE600;  //7F92?
 ctrlEpt->Index     = 0;

 UCHAR ucStop = reset;
 LONG lBytesToSend = 1;
 if(false == ctrlEpt->Write(&ucStop,lBytesToSend))

Then.. Parse the intel hex file and send the address/data down to the FX2 a
line at a time and lift the 8051 Reset like this

ResetUSB8051(FALSE);

That's all I am gonna give you on the Windows side.. gotta do some of this
yourself!

"mimran" <Muhammad@delfic3.nl> wrote in message
> Hi All, > I am using EZ USB FX2 dev kit. I am just new to this all and need to > program 8051 through a firmware program. I am working in windows > environment. I need help about how to start and specially in finding some > sample "firmware Program" which can be compiled through keil. > > Thanks in advance > > > >
Reply by mimran May 16, 20062006-05-16