Reply by SFC November 11, 20042004-11-11
There is a good programmer schematic in the manual. You can also use a
simple 74hcu04 crystal osc. running at 4.9152mc which works better. To
communicate and upload your program visit the P&E website for a free
assembler/programmer, http://www.pemicro.com

SFC

"galto" <digital_gecko@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
>I am trying to learn the HC908. > From what I understand, I require just a MAX232, resistors, jumpers, > and a 32.768 kHz crystal, power and serial data than I should be ready > to go. maybe. > Is it possible to program the chip without a higher (8 MHz?) > oscillator? > IE using the PLL w/o software control. > Anyone have any basic circuits that they could recommend to help me > get started? > Any help is greatly appreciated.
Reply by Dave Rooney November 10, 20042004-11-10

galto wrote:
> I am trying to learn the HC908. > From what I understand, I require just a MAX232, resistors, jumpers, > and a 32.768 kHz crystal, power and serial data than I should be ready > to go&#4294967295; maybe. > Is it possible to program the chip without a higher (8 MHz?) > oscillator? > IE using the PLL w/o software control. > Anyone have any basic circuits that they could recommend to help me > get started? > Any help is greatly appreciated.
You've got the general idea, but the details are different for the various members of the HC908 family. Goto www.freescale.com and in about 3 clicks you can be at the selection page for the 908 family. Pick the one you are using and download the User's Manual. All will be revealed.
Reply by galto November 9, 20042004-11-09
I am trying to learn the HC908.
From what I understand, I require just a MAX232, resistors, jumpers,