Reply by Grant Edwards June 5, 20062006-06-05
On 2006-06-05, weg22@drexel.edu <weg22@drexel.edu> wrote:
> Hi all, > > I'm using the EAGLE PCB layout editor and absolutely love it. It's so > much easier than other software I've worked with. I am, however, > running into a problem with TQFP packages and the autorouter. If I > bring in a TQFP package (e.g. PIC18F65J10) and a 8 pin header and make > 8 random connections from the PIC to the header, and then go into the > "Board" mode and use the autorouter...it will not lay out the > connections for me. However, if I take any DIL PIC package and mimic > the above steps, it works fine.
You probably need to adjust the autorouter parameters (e.g. routing grid size, minimum trace width, etc.).
> I'm new to EAGLE and I'm guessing it has to do with my net width?
Net width?
> I'm not sure though and would appreciate any help in the matter.
That's what the cadsoft NNTP help groups are for. ;) -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! KARL MALDEN'S NOSE at just won an ACADEMY AWARD!! visi.com
Reply by James T. White June 5, 20062006-06-05
<weg22@drexel.edu> wrote in message
> Hi all, > > I'm using the EAGLE PCB layout editor and absolutely love it. It's so > much easier than other software I've worked with. I am, however, > running into a problem with TQFP packages and the autorouter. If I > bring in a TQFP package (e.g. PIC18F65J10) and a 8 pin header and make > 8 random connections from the PIC to the header, and then go into the > "Board" mode and use the autorouter...it will not lay out the > connections for me. However, if I take any DIL PIC package and mimic > the above steps, it works fine. > > I'm new to EAGLE and I'm guessing it has to do with my net width? I'm > not sure though and would appreciate any help in the matter. > > Thanks, > -weg
Sounds like you have your routing grid set to course for the TQFP. Try setting the grid to 1/2 the pin spacing of the TQFP. Also, Bogo's suggestion to try the EAGLE news groups is a good one. -- James T. White
Reply by Bodo Rzany June 5, 20062006-06-05
weg22@drexel.edu wrote:
> > I'm using the EAGLE PCB layout editor and absolutely love it. It's so > much easier than other software I've worked with. I am, however, > running into a problem with TQFP packages and the autorouter.
There is a newsgroup named 'eagle.support.eng' which you might try for help on this topic. Regards, Bodo
Reply by June 5, 20062006-06-05