Reply by Joe G (Home) June 15, 20062006-06-15
I think the target market for these chips were "very high volume" MP3
customers... where the required complex techinical support is comercially
viable for Philips... in these volumes.

I recall SAA775x used a ARM7 core and audio hardware on-board.

These days Philips has LPC2000 series micro's like the LPC2138  in the "main
stream" and there is general support to general customer requirements.

The only think you need to add - hardware wise is the  Audio DAC interface,

The Philips LPC2138 design contest -  has an entry using the LPC2138 and
Audio codec.

Flash card audio player
http://www.jandspromotions.com/philips2005/

Regards
JG

"stevenvh" <steven_504@telenet.be> wrote in message
> "RaceMouse" <fink@lortemail.dk> wrote in message > news:Z7Yjg.91$kE6.4@news.get2net.dk... >> A brief look on their website showed that SAA7751,2,3 are discontinued >> products. That does of course not explain the lack of datasheet, but >> does indicate that you might whant to use something else. >> >> Was it for a new product ? >> > > OK, I must have overlooked the discontinuation notice. However, if you're > refering to DN56 it only mentions the SAA7750 and -52, not the -51 > and -53. > It was(/is) for a new product, yes. I want to start working on a wireless > audio server, and since Philips has(/had) a reference design around the > SAA775x, I thought it would be a good starting point. Philips rep is > pretty > mute about it all :-( > Other ideas are welcome. > Thanks for your reply. > > Steven > >
Reply by stevenvh June 14, 20062006-06-14
"RaceMouse" <fink@lortemail.dk> wrote in message
> A brief look on their website showed that SAA7751,2,3 are discontinued > products. That does of course not explain the lack of datasheet, but > does indicate that you might whant to use something else. > > Was it for a new product ? >
OK, I must have overlooked the discontinuation notice. However, if you're refering to DN56 it only mentions the SAA7750 and -52, not the -51 and -53. It was(/is) for a new product, yes. I want to start working on a wireless audio server, and since Philips has(/had) a reference design around the SAA775x, I thought it would be a good starting point. Philips rep is pretty mute about it all :-( Other ideas are welcome. Thanks for your reply. Steven
Reply by RaceMouse June 14, 20062006-06-14
Greetings,

A brief look on their website showed that SAA7751,2,3 are discontinued
products. That does of course  not explain the lack of datasheet, but
does indicate that you might whant to use something else.

Was it for a new product ?

/RaceMouse

stevenvh wrote:
> Hi, > anyone seen any relevant documents (i.c. datasheets, appnotes) on the > SAA775x (-51, -52, -53)? The only documents I can find are flyers. :-( > You'd think Philips would be more open if they want to sell their stuff. > Well, maybe they don't want to really... > TIA > > Steven > >
Reply by stevenvh June 13, 20062006-06-13