Reply by fpgaguy June 28, 20062006-06-28
Kolja Sulimma wrote:
> Fred schrieb: > > Does anyone know of any software, ideally freeware, which can use the above > > JTAG interfaces to exercise other JTAG interfaces on non FPGA devices? > > > > In my case I'd like to read the state of pins on an unrelated device. > > There is JTAG code in the not very active open source project "open wince". > > Kolja
I use http://www.intellitech.com/products/schematiclogicprobe.asp which lets me toggle pins with a view of the schematic - if netlist avaialble.. It works both with Xilynx Pciii/pc4 and altera byteblaster (no USB though). they have all the FPGA device JTAG files (bsdl) in their libraries. you can get a 90 day eval license and I just renew the eval license. They don't seem to care, i've renewed six times. I think they are interested in bigger fish and not their main business. Kim
Reply by Kolja Sulimma June 22, 20062006-06-22
Fred schrieb:
> Does anyone know of any software, ideally freeware, which can use the above > JTAG interfaces to exercise other JTAG interfaces on non FPGA devices? > > In my case I'd like to read the state of pins on an unrelated device.
There is JTAG code in the not very active open source project "open wince". Kolja
Reply by Antti June 20, 20062006-06-20
Fred schrieb:

> "Fred" <fred@nowhere.com> wrote in message > news:4497ed4b$0$1232$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > > > > "Antti" <Antti.Lukats@xilant.com> wrote in message > > news:1150803949.389950.307960@b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > >> Fred schrieb: > >> > >>> Does anyone know of any software, ideally freeware, which can use the > >>> above > >>> JTAG interfaces to exercise other JTAG interfaces on non FPGA devices? > >>> > >>> In my case I'd like to read the state of pins on an unrelated device. > >> > >> why cant you just use a STAPL player?? > >> > >> Antti > > > > Many thanks. > > > > I'm not familiar with Jam code and was hoping for a more friendly > > interface for a beginner. > > Jam code etc seems to be dominated by Altera. What I hoped would be a > useful website http://www.jamisp.com/ jumps straight to Altera. > > There also doesn't seem to be much information on the Jam language :-(
STAPL=JAM Antti
Reply by Fred June 20, 20062006-06-20