Reply by Steve at fivetrees July 15, 20062006-07-15
"Lucky GirlT" <juliaho@nexcom.com.tw> wrote in message
> Hi~ I have a question about Embedded CPU board > > If Embedded CPU board has tow CPUs, is it very normal or high > technology for Embedded industry? > > CPU support > > Supports Socket 604 Dual Intel Xeon/LV Xeon processors up to 2.8 GHz > with 400/533 MHz FSB or LV Xeon up to 2.4 GHz with 400/533 MHz FSB > > On-board intelligent switching type power regulator x 2 > Supports streaming SIMD instruction > Supports uni- processor implementation > Supports Hyper- Threading Technology > > Thanks a lot!! > > Julia Ho > www.nexcom.com.tw > *The harder I work the luckier I get*
Hmmm. Looks like larwe was right. It's a sales spam disguised (sorta) as a tech question. Steve http://www.fivetrees.com
Reply by July 15, 20062006-07-15
Dear All,

Thank for reply.
You mean my information is not enough for judging my question.
What kind of information do you need for answer my question?

If I give below information, is it can judge?

  Socket 604 for Dual Intel=AE Xeon=AE/LV Xeon=AE processors up to 2.8 GHz

  184-pin DIMM x 4 , Supports DDR 200/266 SDRAM memory up to 8 GB

  Intel=AE E7501/P64H2 chipsets

  ATI Rage=99 XL VGA, 8 MB frame buffer memory

  Intel=AE 82545GM Gigabit Ethernet x 2

  Customized 2U Heatsink/Fan for Dual Xeon processors

Thanks

Julia Ho
www.nexcom.com.tw
*The harder I work the luckier I get*

Reply by Hans-Bernhard Broeker July 15, 20062006-07-15
Lucky Girl&trade; <juliaho@nexcom.com.tw> wrote:

> If Embedded CPU board has tow CPUs, is it very normal or high > technology for Embedded industry?
It's neither. It's somewhere in between, because "Embedded industry" is such an enormously nebulous specification.
> Supports Socket 604 Dual Intel Xeon/LV Xeon processors up to 2.8 GHz > with 400/533 MHz FSB or LV Xeon up to 2.4 GHz with 400/533 MHz FSB
> On-board intelligent switching type power regulator x 2 > Supports streaming SIMD instruction > Supports uni- processor implementation > Supports Hyper- Threading Technology
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't see any reason to call such a thing an "Embedded CPU board". There's really nothing particularly embedded-specific about it. It's a PC mainboard, period. -- Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de) Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.
Reply by Rich Webb July 15, 20062006-07-15
On 15 Jul 2006 06:01:47 -0700, "Lucky Girl&#4294967295;" <juliaho@nexcom.com.tw>
wrote:

>Hi~ I have a question about Embedded CPU board > >If Embedded CPU board has tow CPUs, is it very normal or high >technology for Embedded industry? > >CPU support > >Supports Socket 604 Dual Intel Xeon/LV Xeon processors up to 2.8 GHz >with 400/533 MHz FSB or LV Xeon up to 2.4 GHz with 400/533 MHz FSB > > On-board intelligent switching type power regulator x 2 > Supports streaming SIMD instruction > Supports uni- processor implementation > Supports Hyper- Threading Technology
In a world where "embedded" can cover everything from a single 4-bit micro all the way up to an embedded multi-processor VME chassis, the terms "normal" and "high technology" are very, very relative. -- Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Reply by Lucky Girl™ July 15, 20062006-07-15