Reply by Ben Bradley February 5, 20052005-02-05
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:19:49 GMT, Mike Harrison <mike@whitewing.co.uk>

>Why do semics companies never include links to tech info in press releases....?
Perhaps they're still WRITING the tech info? Ben "cynical" Bradley :-) ----- http://mindspring.com/~benbradley
Reply by Guy Macon January 24, 20052005-01-24
Followups set.

RusH wrote:

>Maybe I'm the only one not used to waking up in the middle >of the night to talk to some nice telemarketer ?
I don't know what the situation in Poland is, but here in the US telemarketers do not call in the middle of the night. I am quite certain that Usenet posts don't wake people up even in Poland. Xnews has an excellent scorefile-based killfile system. Why don't you simply filter out the posts that you dislike? I just checked the last 1,000 posts in this newsgroup, and I see that you have failed to post a single word on the topic of embedded systems. 100% of your output consists of complaining. Your complaints use up more bandwidth than the ads you complain about do. Here, for the second time, I give you The Standard Advice. You can ignore it if you wish, but if you do I will killfile you for being a chronic timewaster, and I wouldn't be surprised if others do the same. THE STANDARD ADVICE: There is a way to influence what gets discussed in a newsgroup that works well, and another way that has never worked no matter how many people have tried it. What works: Post articles on the topic you wish to see discussed, and participate in the resulting discussion. Use killfiles and filters so that you don't see the articles that you dislike. If you don't know how to use a killfile, use good old fashioned discipline and don't read the articles that you dislike. Never, ever respond to articles that you dislike. What doesn't work: Respond to articles that you dislike, complain about articles that you dislike, complain about posters that you dislike, complain about how terrible everyone else is for not posting what you want them to post. Talk about how to respond to articles that you dislike. Make the articles that you dislike the center of attention, the main topic of discussion, and a personal crusade.
Reply by Elder Costa January 24, 20052005-01-24
RusH wrote:

> Elder Costa <elder.costa@terra.com.br> wrote : > > >>I did follow the link. > > > and the link was to a post about those very same LPC900 parts .. a week > earlier on this group
Sorry. I misanderstood you: thought you meant philips link. The google link just open a mail to in mozilla. I quit here. Regards. Elder.
Reply by RusH January 24, 20052005-01-24

its not about a google posting (why anyone should mind that?), its about advertising Pozdrawiam. -- RusH // http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019 Like ninjas, true hackers are shrouded in secrecy and mystery. You may never know -- UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE.
Casey <cclremovethispart@cox.net> wrote :

> I learned something from his post ... I hadn't seen any press > release on the subject.
> You seem to be the only person complaining.
Maybe I'm the only one not used to waking up in the middle of the night to talk to some nice telemarketer ? Pozdrawiam. -- RusH // http://randki.o2.pl/profil.php?id_r=352019 Like ninjas, true hackers are shrouded in secrecy and mystery. You may never know -- UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE.
Reply by Don McKenzie January 24, 20052005-01-24
Jim Granville wrote:
> In Philips case, a click on microcontrollers on the news page, now gets > you a package note, and from there a click gets you to > http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/cgi-bin/pldb/pip/P89LPC9107FDH.html > > but in an ideal world, this _would_ be in the press release.... > > -jg
Ahah! got it all, document at: http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat_download/datasheets/P89LPC9102_9103_9107_1.pdf thanks -jg Don... -- Don McKenzie E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics VoIP USB/RJ11 Use Any Phone http://www.dontronics.com/phoneconnector.html USB to RS232 Converter that works http://www.dontronics.com/usb_232.html
Reply by Jim Granville January 24, 20052005-01-24
Mike Harrison wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:43:35 +1100, Don McKenzie <look@mysig.com> wrote: > > >>Leon Heller wrote: >> >> >>>Philips has just announced tiny LPC900 parts in a 3mm x 3mm 10-pin package: >>> >>>http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/news/content/file_1122.html >>> >>>Leon >> >>now that looks cool. >>the leadless HVSON package? was there a picture somewhere? >>Didn't spot it in a hurry. >> >>Don... > > > Why do semics companies never include links to tech info in press releases....?
You are right that most do not, but some do and it is slowly improving. There are also those where the press release beats the tech-info by some days In Philips case, a click on microcontrollers on the news page, now gets you a package note, and from there a click gets you to http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/cgi-bin/pldb/pip/P89LPC9107FDH.html but in an ideal world, this _would_ be in the press release.... -jg
Reply by Mike Harrison January 23, 20052005-01-23
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:43:35 +1100, Don McKenzie <look@mysig.com> wrote:

>Leon Heller wrote: > >> Philips has just announced tiny LPC900 parts in a 3mm x 3mm 10-pin package: >> >> http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/news/content/file_1122.html >> >> Leon > >now that looks cool. >the leadless HVSON package? was there a picture somewhere? >Didn't spot it in a hurry. > >Don...
Why do semics companies never include links to tech info in press releases....?
Reply by Elder Costa January 23, 20052005-01-23
RusH wrote:
> you didnt follow the link did you ? I got plenty of advertising in my
I did follow the link. I do think the OP was totaly unnecessary. What I do not agree with is stating that the poster is a sucker just because he or she is posting through google (at least so I thought from your follow up).
> mailbox and dont want any press releases on the group. This is not > comp.arch.embedded.advertising . I assume that almost everybody got the > info from theyr sales rep of catalogue or other source. There is no > need for this advertising crap here as well.
I see your point. As I mentioned before I think the original post was unnecessary. There are people that disagree with the two of us on this particular issue. I think thare are worse habits around though, other than posting an occasional note on a new component or posting through google which seems to bother some. My "favorite" is messages with hundreds of lines comprised by quotes, sometimes carrying 5 quote levels, whose authors show no consideration for the others that are willing to know their opinions. Regards. Elder.
Reply by Casey January 23, 20052005-01-23
RusH said
> Guy Macon <_see.web.page_@_www.guymacon.com_> wrote : > > > Comment #1: There IS a need for appropriate advertising on new ICs > > that are used in embedded systems > > and you get one in press releases, again this is not > comp.arch.embedded.pressreleases
It's also not comp.arch.embedded.askrushifitsokaytopost either. I learned something from his post ... I hadn't seen any press release on the subject. I might actually have a use for the product. I didn't take it as an advertisement at all. You seem to be the only person complaining. Casey